What movie quotes impress you most?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samjiang22

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
I watched that movie when i was in the university. "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get" impressed me a lot.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne/Tim Robbins in The Shawshank Redemption

JacobVR

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
Well... I would have to say the quote from , Robert Duvall in Days of Thunder hit home here. "There is nothin' stock about a stockcar" Or after a good friend had a horrible year in one of the lower classes at our local track our favorite was "I want you to go back out n hit the pace car".."why?".."cuz you hit everything else out there i want you to be perfect"...lol...actually my buddy that was his builder and head pit guy replaced pace car with tow truck since we didnt have a pace car..I didn't hear it but they both told me thats what he said.

Maroona

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
Must be The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.... So sad! Among the others is The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. That's so inspiring!!!!

TurboIan

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Scrubs "Because nothing sucks worse than feeling alone, no matter how many people are around" by J.D.
"Who has two thumbs and doesn't care? Bob Kelso" by dr.Kelso. And the most inspiring "And who's to say this isn't what happens? Who can tell me that my fantasies won't come true? Just this once.."
Scrubs is rich for hundreds quotes for every life momet. And it's very difficult to write them here. It would be better if you watch this show.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
Oh geez... I would have to spend an entire week coming up with my favorite quotes from deadwood, sopranos, the wire, etc, let alone the thousands of films that have great quotes in them

One that makes me laugh (from "Deadwood") every single time I watch it, is when Al Swearengin (one of the camps most prominent/deadly/imposing figures) catches E.B. Farnum in a lie, Farnum starts to shakily come up with a story to explain himself and circle around the topic as if he doesn't know what Al is talking about and Al says "Say what you're gonna say or prepare for eternal, f***ing silence"

Mystery95

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Jerrar

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017
"You may have my body and my soul but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps, HIS PRIDE!!"

- Vegeta from Dragon Ball

I know not a movie but this line has stayed with more than any other from any TV/Movie.

MasterChief86

Honorable
Dec 13, 2016
too many... a lot of the lines i like are either by tarantino, or taken from his movies, or both. but some of them i can recall are:

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
The Usual Suspects, 1995

and
"I now know why you cry. But it's something I can never do."
Terminator 2, 1992

Status
Not open for further replies.