what non reference version of gtx 980 ti

Eliomiller

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
hi, so I want to build a "green build" using gtx 980 ti and 4k rog swift when its out.Im not only wanting to get a green build but a good performing one.I wanted to get the GeForce reference design s a gpu, because its green.but as I heard its noisy,hot and my best option would be a non reference. do you think I should get the strix one? or I should get g1 or evga or even ichill?I want a reputed brand so I though of the strix...what you think?

Solution
They're all pretty good, the main differences between them all is base clock speed, which can be overclocked above whatever factory overclock they set it too anyways, cooling and power delivery. Pick whatever one goes best with your build. The MSI is the quitest one with fans, the EVGA hybrid is the quietest and coolest of all, the gigabyte g1 is the highest overclocked from factory I believe (except the evga Kingpin and Classified versions but they are more expensive) and the strix is inbetween msi and gigabyte maybe. Inno 3d I chill I'm not sure about.

Remember the factory overclock means nothing. 90% of these cards will let you overclock well above those clock speeds anyway, unless you don't want to oc, then pay attention to...

Reaper_7799

Distinguished
They're all pretty good, the main differences between them all is base clock speed, which can be overclocked above whatever factory overclock they set it too anyways, cooling and power delivery. Pick whatever one goes best with your build. The MSI is the quitest one with fans, the EVGA hybrid is the quietest and coolest of all, the gigabyte g1 is the highest overclocked from factory I believe (except the evga Kingpin and Classified versions but they are more expensive) and the strix is inbetween msi and gigabyte maybe. Inno 3d I chill I'm not sure about.

Remember the factory overclock means nothing. 90% of these cards will let you overclock well above those clock speeds anyway, unless you don't want to oc, then pay attention to it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS