SPAM

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
I am assuming that the current FX series design choices have been limited with the need for backward compatibility to preserve the unified drivers. Is that at all possible?

I wonder if Nvidia's future design choices are currently limited by their uninified drivers and backward compatability. Would it not be better for Nvidia to start with a clean sheet and if necessarry use different drivers other than the Detonator series?

I imagine there may be some friction between the Hardware and Driver design departments in Nvidia. The Hardware designers arguing for a new hardware and driver design. The Driver departement arguing for unified drivers.

I could be out to lunch on my speculation what do you think?

reever2

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2003
Doubt it. The only things keeping the FX architecture back have about squat to do with drivers, and considering how much crap is already in the dets I dont think Nvidia really cares how large the installer will get

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
Unified drivers are what nVidia are known for. Also what they need to do is stop letting horny monkeys to run their company

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

SPAM

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
Horny Monkeys?

-I bet your not on their Christmas card list!

Nvidia over the last while is like watching a train wreck in slooooow motion. My question could be alternately phrased "NVIDIA -How could they be so stupid?" I would like to be able to understand how it happened. If any one writes a book about it I would love to buy it.

dhlucke

Polypheme
The FX problems are hardware related.