[SOLVED] What of these PC bundles to choose from ?

General95

Prominent
Aug 11, 2021
I will have to choose between these bundles, so please help me getting the good bundle, it's the same price btw, And i need the bundle to be for gaming.

Bundle #1 :
● AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G APU 6 cores - 12 threads
(With integrated Radeon Vega 7 GPU)
● A520m Gigabyte S2H
● XPG Spectrix D60 8GB RGB 3200MHz
● Redragon 618 RGB Gaming Case
● Redragon 600W PSU
● HDD 1TB Blue 7200RPM

Bundle #2 :
● Gigabyte GT1030 OC 2G
● Intel I5 9400F 6 cores / 6 threads
● H310m Gigabyte S2
● Patriot Viper Steel 8GB 3200MHz
● Redragon 618 RGB Gaming Case
● Redragon 600W PSU
● HDD 1TB Blue 7200RPM

Solution
I like your build it’s better now. I agree with g unit a noctua cpu cooler would be better. The case I recommend is the p360a it comes with decent fans and has amazing airflow for only around USD 70-80. The ram is pretty good but plastic heatsinks. The plastic heat sinks are not as good as heat sink made of metal. This is the deal if you want a good bang for your buck then I recommend the Crucial Ballistix 16gb 3200mhz c16. The ram you chose runs a little of the warm side but it’s very pretty and good aside from that. So if you really just like how your XPG ram looks I would say go for it :)

Link to noctua U9S:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TBHYYFK?tag=noctua0b-20

link to review of noctua U9S...

General95

Prominent
Aug 11, 2021
Honestly? I wouldn't go with either. The case and PSU are both junk. 8GB of RAM won't get you very far these days. And using a mechanical HD as your only storage device is an absolute no, especially with how frequent Windows 10 gets updated these days.
Case is not that bad, PSU is Enough for ryzen and rtx 3060, I will get more 8GB ram 2×8, and I will get the SSD later.

If I HAD to get one of those systems get the ryzen due to extra cores/threads. Upgrade ram for dual channel and grab even a 240gb ssd for boot drive. That should be good to add a gpu to later.

The thing about the 9400f is the 9400f is good enough for today but basically the 9400f with 6 cores no hyper threading is pretty much on the edge of being obsolete. So I’d steer clear.

Reactions: General95

General95

Prominent
Aug 11, 2021
If I HAD to get one of those systems get the ryzen due to extra cores/threads. Upgrade ram for dual channel and grab even a 240gb ssd for boot drive. That should be good to add a gpu to later.

The thing about the 9400f is the 9400f is good enough for today but basically the 9400f with 6 cores no hyper threading is pretty much on the edge of being obsolete. So I’d steer clear.
Yes! Thanks man I was thinking the same way! you made my day, and thanks to all who helped me.

g-unit1111

Titan
Case is not that bad, PSU is Enough for ryzen and rtx 3060, I will get more 8GB ram 2×8, and I will get the SSD later.

No, that PSU is garbage. If you get any decent GPU, that will have to be replaced when you do. But I wouldn't be surprised if that thing doesn't last even a couple of months before it needs to be replaced.

Last edited:
No, that PSU is garbage. If you get any decent GPU, that will have to be replaced when you do. But I wouldn't be surprised if that thing doesn't last even a couple of months before it needs to be replaced.

+1

If you put a 30 series card on that power supply you're risking not having a 30 series card any more. Those power supplies don't even give the real specs, no sign of the 12v rail values anywhere on the unit. So clearly hiding something, I'd bet it's a 360w unit or similar on its 12v rail.

g-unit1111

Titan
+1

If you put a 30 series card on that power supply you're risking not having a 30 series card any more. Those power supplies don't even give the real specs, no sign of the 12v rail values anywhere on the unit. So clearly hiding something, I'd bet it's a 360w unit or similar on its 12v rail.

Yeah that's the thing about PSUs is that there's so many garbage units out there. Sure, the unit might get 3,750 favorable reviews on Amazon, but if you search any credible sites, you'll find they're mostly trash. And it can be intimidating sorting out good units from bad units.

General95

Prominent
Aug 11, 2021
Ok now I understand, I will replace the PSU when getting a new rtx 3060TI, but does this PSU bad enough to hurt and damage my Ryzen CPU ? But when you said "doesn't last even a couple of months" you mean that the whole PC will be damaged, or just the PSU ?

g-unit1111

Titan
Ok now I understand, I will replace the PSU when getting a new rtx 3060TI, but does this PSU bad enough to hurt and damage my Ryzen CPU ? But when you said "doesn't last even a couple of months" you mean that the whole PC will be damaged, or just the PSU ?

No just the PSU. But overloading that PSU could cause other serious system failures, so you don't want to take that chance.

Last edited:

YoIAmDashing

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
g unit is correct. You need to get a new PSU it’s not worth having a bad PSU if it will result in crashes and or damaging components. If you want to have 100 USD psu that is good I would recommend the SuperNova 650w P2 it is 80+ platinum so it is very efficient. Now if you want a cheap alternative that still is good I would recommend the CV 550 80+ bronze from Corsair. It is a good PSU and it’s on sale for 40 USD. This is what I think but I am no where near as experienced in pc as others do please tell the OP if my answer is not the best option.
Here are the links for supernova P2:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010HWDPKW?tag=protechreviewer-20#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div

Here is review for supernova P2:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-650-p2-power-supply,4364.html

Here is the link for CV 550w:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...MIvuKu7Je08gIVlCCtBh0xZACvEAQYAiABEgL70vD_BwE

Here is the link for review of CV 550:

https://www.pctekreviews.com/Reviews/Corsair_CV550.aspx

General95

Prominent
Aug 11, 2021
What about this PSU ?
" XPG PYLON 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFIED 120MM FLUID DYNAMIC BEARING FAN POWER SUPPLY "
● DC to DC Converters
● 80PLUS BRONZE Certified
● Continuous Power for 24/7 system operation
● 120mm FDB Silent-Performance Fan
● High Current +12V rail system compatibility
● Main Japanese Capacitor
● Multiple PCI-E 2.0 6+2 Pin Connectors
● Industrial-Level Protection OVP, OPP, SCP, OCP, UVP, OTP, NLO, SIP
● Complies with ErP 2014 Lot 3
● RoHS Compliance
Price : $100

g-unit1111

Titan
What about this PSU ?
" XPG PYLON 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFIED 120MM FLUID DYNAMIC BEARING FAN POWER SUPPLY "

Let's put it this way - if you haven't heard of the brand, it's not worth purchasing under any circumstances. And if you have heard of the brand, definitely do some research and see what the underlying OEM is. Even major name brands like Corsair and EVGA are known to use junk PSUs on a few of their lines.

The aforementioned EVGA P2 is a great unit, but it is based on a several year old platform and even EVGA doesn't use it on their newer units. Plus it's also a bit expensive and overkill for the intended purposes. There's lots of good alternatives in the $100 range like the Corsair RMx if you know where to look.

Reactions: YoIAmDashing

g-unit1111

Titan
Here is the RMx 650w gold 80+ 2021 versions;

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/RMx-Series/p/CP-9020198-NA?utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=shopping&utm_term="keyword"&utm_content=corsair&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-96cweu18gIVzh-tBh3lWQswEAQYAiABEgIWcPD_Bw

The PSU is on the expensive side but you won’t have to deal with crashes or damaging of components. You will be able to upgrade and have a non worrisome experience.

I have the RM750X and can certainly vouch for it - it's a great PSU for the money.

Reactions: YoIAmDashing

General95

Prominent
Aug 11, 2021
I have the RM750X and can certainly vouch for it - it's a great PSU for the money.
I'm going to build this, i picked the parts myself, so correct me if some part are wrong.
bjQvvAx4_o.jpg

Price:$960
The original Bundle (Bundle #1 ) was just: $465
The $495+ more, is because of the:
-More 8GB RAM
-SSD 512GB
-XPG Cooler
-Gigabyte C200 Case
-And the mobo is different and just little more expensive.
-And of course The main cause of the problem, CORSAIR RMx RM750X 750W 80 PLUS GOLD.

g-unit1111

Titan
I'm going to build this, i picked the parts myself, so correct me if some part are wrong.
bjQvvAx4_o.jpg

Price:$960
The original Bundle (Bundle #1 ) was just: $465
The $495+ more, is because of the:
-More 8GB RAM
-SSD 512GB
-XPG Cooler
-Gigabyte C200 Case
-And the mobo is different and just little more expensive.
-And of course The main cause of the problem, CORSAIR RMx RM750X 750W 80 PLUS GOLD.

That's definitely better. The bad thing with keeping a build under $500 is you have to make sacrifices.

I think I would swap the case for a Corsair 275R, NZXT H510, or Phanteks P400 - all of those are under $70 and much better choices than the Gigabyte.

I have not heard of that cooler, but I would suggest getting something from Noctua instead. The U9S would be a better choice for cooler and it's only a $15 difference.