What on earth does this mean?

renzakuken

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
So i've had to re-install windows on a spare HDD I had as my SSD finally packed up (oh thank god for back-ups).

SO I installed Windows 7 as per usual and I was given this screen after a normal restart mid install:

URL=http://imageshack.com/f/exNQIyfOj]
NQIyfO.jpg
[/URL]

What the hell does that even mean?

Solution
Download the memtest86 USB key installer, plug in a blank/empty USB key, install memtest86 on it, make your PC boot from that USB key and let memtest86 run for a few hours. If you get errors, you know there likely is a problem with your CPU, RAM or possibly the motherboard. If no errors show up, then the data corruption problem may come from somewhere else, such as a damaged/corrupt Windows disk image.

InvalidError

Titan
Download the memtest86 USB key installer, plug in a blank/empty USB key, install memtest86 on it, make your PC boot from that USB key and let memtest86 run for a few hours. If you get errors, you know there likely is a problem with your CPU, RAM or possibly the motherboard. If no errors show up, then the data corruption problem may come from somewhere else, such as a damaged/corrupt Windows disk image.

Solution