Question What other motherboards can replace G45T AM2 V:1.0 ?

Diano

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2014
Cannot find a G45T AM2 V:1.0 for weeks. What other motherboards can replace G45T AM2 V:1.0, please?

Any microATX LGA775 motherboard with a chipset that is compatible with the CPU model you have, should work as a replacement for that board, but the problem is this is a VERY old design which hasn't been produced in manufacturing for AGES, and you are only likely to find one reasonably priced if you look for used boards. The problem with that is, you have no idea what kind of condition it is in or if it even works, and if you think Ebay is going to help you with a dead board from a platform that is 14 years old, I assure you, they won't. So it's a very real risk.

You aren't going to find any NEW replacement boards, and if you DID, it would be NOS (New old stock) that has been sitting around for years and years and will likely be EXTREMELY expensive, far beyond the actual value of such of a board, and not worth entertaining.

Not to mention, at this point this is a waste of money. You would be far better off to scratch the whole thing and start over with something new. Even the most basic, cheapest of modern systems will GROSSLY outperform anything that system was ever capable of.

Something like this, plus add the case of your choice (Any microATX or mid tower ATX case should work fine), would give you like twice or more the performance of that old C2Q system and additionally would be upgradeable, whereas what you have now is not.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Celeron G5900 3.4 GHz Dual-Core Processor ($24.13 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME H410M-E Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard ($79.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Value 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 CL17 Memory ($27.91 @ MemoryC)
Storage: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($17.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX450 (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($47.12 @ Amazon)
Total: $197.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-11-05 00:11 EDT-0400

Diano

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2014
Any microATX LGA775 motherboard with a chipset that is compatible with the CPU model you have, should work as a replacement for that board, but the problem is this is a VERY old design which hasn't been produced in manufacturing for AGES, and you are only likely to find one reasonably priced if you look for used boards. The problem with that is, you have no idea what kind of condition it is in or if it even works, and if you think Ebay is going to help you with a dead board from a platform that is 14 years old, I assure you, they won't. So it's a very real risk.

You aren't going to find any NEW replacement boards, and if you DID, it would be NOS (New old stock) that has been sitting around for years and years and will likely be EXTREMELY expensive, far beyond the actual value of such of a board, and not worth entertaining.

Not to mention, at this point this is a waste of money. You would be far better off to scratch the whole thing and start over with something new. Even the most basic, cheapest of modern systems will GROSSLY outperform anything that system was ever capable of.

Something like this, plus add the case of your choice (Any microATX or mid tower ATX case should work fine), would give you like twice or more the performance of that old C2Q system and additionally would be upgradeable, whereas what you have now is not.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Celeron G5900 3.4 GHz Dual-Core Processor ($24.13 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME H410M-E Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard ($79.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Value 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 CL17 Memory ($27.91 @ MemoryC)
Storage: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($17.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX450 (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($47.12 @ Amazon)
Total: $197.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-11-05 00:11 EDT-0400

Thank you.
You are 100% right.
The reason to fool around with this old machine is not that I need it, but fun to revive such an old junk.

Well, so I think you are out of luck though because upon looking more closely it seems that the board used in that build is proprietary and has an Acer defined form factor that is not comparable with any other "standard" form factors. That means that without some moderate to heavy custom modifications to the case itself, as in adapting the rear IN/OUT panel and changing the location of the motherboard standoffs by drilling and tapping new receiver holes for them so that they will line up with those used by a standard form factor motherboard (mATX, ATX, etc.) then any board you buy isn't going to work in that case, and even if you DO that, you might encounter other problems with fitment. This is always a big drawback from using proprietary systems like many of those sold by Acer, HP, Dell, Compaq and other prebuilt manufacturers.

It's something they did on purpose because they don't WANT users replacing their parts with other aftermarket parts or being able to upgrade, since that cuts into their sales of new systems when a user realizes it's TIME to upgrade. It can be done, but it isn't going to be easy or cheap, and that's assuming you CAN find a board. Now, I can give you a list of boards that will work with your CPU if that's something you want to look into, finding a used board etc., which you might be able to find for cheap although it's a roll of the dice on whether it has problems or not, if you want to give me the model of your CPU.

Oct 14, 2022
Well, so I think you are out of luck though because upon looking more closely it seems that the board used in that build is proprietary and has an Acer defined form factor that is not comparable with any other "standard" form factors. That means that without some moderate to heavy custom modifications to the case itself, as in adapting the rear IN/OUT panel and changing the location of the motherboard standoffs by drilling and tapping new receiver holes for them so that they will line up with those used by a standard form factor motherboard (mATX, ATX, etc.) then any board you buy isn't going to work in that case, and even if you DO that, you might encounter other problems with fitment. This is always a big drawback from using proprietary systems like many of those sold by Acer, HP, Dell, Compaq and other prebuilt manufacturers.

It's something they did on purpose because they don't WANT users replacing their parts with other aftermarket parts or being able to upgrade, since that cuts into their sales of new systems when a user realizes it's TIME to upgrade. It can be done, but it isn't going to be easy or cheap, and that's assuming you CAN find a board. Now, I can give you a list of boards that will work with your CPU if that's something you want to look into, finding a used board etc., which you might be able to find for cheap although it's a roll of the dice on whether it has problems or not, if you want to give me the model of your CPU.
Thank you.
、if you want to give me the model of your CPU.、
Yes. Please. Here they are:
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad CPU.
RAM: DDR2 800 SDRAM 4G.
GPU: Removed & use on board Intel® G45.
PSU: Liteon 6301-08Ak.
MB : G45T AM2 V:1.0.
BIOS: American Megatrend.

Oct 14, 2022
What is the rest of your system spec:

CPU, memory, GPU, PSU, case in particular.
Thank you.

PC : Acer aspire M5700,
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad CPU,
RAM: DDR2 800 SDRAM 4G,
GPU: Removed & use on board Intel® G45,
PSU: Liteon 6301-08Ak,
MB : G45T AM2 V:1.0 motherboard,
BIOS: American Megatrend

Case? Do not know. But the motherboard is mATX.

Yeah, doesn't matter. It needs to be a Dell board as the board and power supply are proprietary, which means standard aftermarket hardware won't work in that case or with that power supply. These are built for and intended to be throw away systems. You will need to find another Dell board if the motherboard is bad. It will LIKELY need to be one that was specifically meant to be used with that series of Dell desktops.

Actually, that power supply IS a standard ATX power supply, but the standoff pattern on that board is not the same as a standard microATX motherboard, so it looks like that at least IS actually proprietary. Looks like it has most of them, possibly, in the right place, but the lower right corner on your board does not have a standard through hole for a standoff. It simply has an alignment hole for a push pin to snap into and is not lined up with where the remaining standoff would be if it were standard mATX.

Oct 14, 2022
Actually, that power supply IS a standard ATX power supply, but the standoff pattern on that board is not the same as a standard microATX motherboard, so it looks like that at least IS actually proprietary. Looks like it has most of them, possibly, in the right place, but the lower right corner on your board does not have a standard through hole for a standoff. It simply has an alignment hole for a push pin to snap into and is not lined up with where the remaining standoff would be if it were standard mATX.

Mr. Darkbreeze,

Really appreciate your help.

Someone says that he has replaced Acer's G45T AM2 V:1.0 motherboard with Asus' P5QL-EM board. But he says nothing about the result.

What do you thing about this P5QL-EM board? And use the original components, CPU & RAM especially, without having to change anything?
Can it really replace G45T AM2 V:1.0 without any problems?

Thank you.

No, you can't. Not as a direct replacement. I mean, you could probably use ANY microATX board if you were willing to modify the case to accept standoffs in the correct locations and cut out the rear I/O panel since the I/O is built into the case on most prebuilt systems and all your rear ports are not going to line up the same because they aren't going to BE the same configuration. But the amount of time it would take and the effort involved is simply not worth it for a system this old.

Your best bet is to get a compatible LGA 775 motherboard that will work with your CPU and memory, and a cheap aftermarket standard microATX or ATX case, and put the motherboard, CPU, memory, drives, power supply and graphics card into that. But honestly I'm not sure this system is even worth buying another motherboard and case for considering that for less than 200 bucks you could get the build I posted earlier and a case and have something worth having.