[SOLVED] What panel does this monitor have?

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
Hi!

I have an RX 5700 XT and Ryzen 5 3600 and I have a 75hz 1080p monitor, which is a shame actually. Now I finally want to get 144hz monitor but I don't know what panel this monitor has,
I'm talking about the "LG UltraGear 24GL650-B". I live in Belgium and I can buy it for 190 euro's and on the website (Artencraft) it says it has an IPS panel and for such a low price that must be a mistake, On another website from the Netherlands it says LCD panel and on the original LG website it says TN panel, so if somebody knows what panel this monitor has, please let me know :)

Thanks!

Solution
Since it says TN Panel on the LG website, which it does state quite clearly, I would consider it safe to say, that it is in fact a TN panel, and that the other site you mention has their specifications list wrong.

LG could of course have made an error in their support page, but I think it is more likely the other seller has made a mistake
Since it says TN Panel on the LG website, which it does state quite clearly, I would consider it safe to say, that it is in fact a TN panel, and that the other site you mention has their specifications list wrong.

LG could of course have made an error in their support page, but I think it is more likely the other seller has made a mistake

Solution

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019

Thanks for answering! I mailed the sellers company just to be sure.

It never hurts to follow up on it. But I must admit, if they continue to insist it is an IPS panel, despite the specs listed by LG themselves (and considering the price), I would be very reluctant to actually believe them. I think they were just a bit too fast, when they listed the specs on their site

TRENDING THREADS