[SOLVED] What part should I upgrade first and second? For budget gaming

Seafireable

Prominent
Feb 13, 2020
I really want to play at least Valorant competitively or possibly Apex legends at constant 60 fps but with my computer my fps drops significantly and so I plan on getting something that at least would help just a bit for my fps in games.
I'm on ultra budget hopefully I would be able to afford what you guys would recommend, Thank you in advance!

Here is my computer from CPU Z
e2eQvO2.png
n0Ue1sU.png
R0V9iYS.png
UgzhB03.png
phcJ1Nt.png
jG7TZvP.png

Also it is bad that instead the Memory Slot is not in sequence of #1 #2 but instead they appear on Slot #2 and #4 if so how do I fix it if not ignore me Thanks again
EX4qQ4W.png
B1B1Ow1.png

I switch between this graphics consistently because they perform better with some games

If the info are still lacking about computer parts, please tell me

Solution
Just make a new build, that thing's so old the only thing you can bring into a new PC would be your storage.

And to be specific what's the budget here? Saying "Ultra budget" doesn't give any information on what your budget actually is

My suggestion, if you're super low budget buy a Ryzen 5 3400g and with it the cheapest A320 motherboard you can find. Chuck in 4gb x 2 DDR4 Ram preferably 3000Mhz. For the PSU go check the pinned tier list thread on the PSU forum, find whatever you can afford in Tier C and Up
Motherboard CPU and RAM, no point in getting a GPU first because what you have is (not personal, it had it's day) very old and will not be able to feed a new GPU anyway. Also seeing as this is an elderly system a new PSU of good quality is probably the best FIRST thing to get as an older power supply being asked to run modern hardware is asking for the PC gods to be very kind to you!!!!

If it is a just 1 thing that will improve your FPS tomorrow, then look for a used 1050 or ti ....... but secondhand cards are hard to find. Anything newer will need more power.

OtapIc

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021
Just make a new build, that thing's so old the only thing you can bring into a new PC would be your storage.

And to be specific what's the budget here? Saying "Ultra budget" doesn't give any information on what your budget actually is

My suggestion, if you're super low budget buy a Ryzen 5 3400g and with it the cheapest A320 motherboard you can find. Chuck in 4gb x 2 DDR4 Ram preferably 3000Mhz. For the PSU go check the pinned tier list thread on the PSU forum, find whatever you can afford in Tier C and Up

Solution
Short term. The GPU is slow enough that you could probably get a good improvement out of a GPU upgrade. Even if the system does become CPU bound, you could port a newer GPU into the new system when you have more money for a full refresh. You can probably find a decent 9 or 10 series used for a reasonable price. A *50 series or higher would be loads better than the GT710. The GT710 is basically only for if you need another monitor port for some reason. It's a pretty bad at anything useful.

Not saying the system isn't in need of a full refresh. Summer is coming up. Find some work (or extra work) and save up. Hopefully, bitcoin crashes and the silicon fabs catch up and you'll have a few hundred dollars to spend on more reasonably priced hardware. Good luck!

Reactions: Seafireable

TRENDING THREADS