Question What partitions do i make with the new windows 10 pro os ?

suvo30

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2016
Greetings all. I get windows 10 pro operating system by today night. I previously had Windows 8.1 pro then it was upgrade to Windows 10 pro. Thing is that time was different. Now since I am moving on in life, so I decided to be serious a bit more than before. I started studying again soon, the thing is that I have a 2tb Seagate Baracuda hard drive what is the best partition that I can make with the new Operating system that I Get by tonight. Keeping in mind that I have steam too for my gaming. Any advice regarding this article is welcome thanks in advance and have a nice day.

suvo30

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2016

USAFRet

Titan
thing is if i wanted windows 10 pro again i had to roll back to my windows 8.1 pro and the thing nowadays won't even update i got frustrated with blue screens since yesterday 12 times blue screen of death since it won't update anymore as the official support fro Windows 8.1 pro has ended according to Microsoft life cycle.
Incorrect.

A reinstall on this same system does NOT need the previous 8.1.
You can do a clean install with a straight Win 10.

Your old Win 8.1 has nothing to do with the currently existing Win 10. Either for Updates or if you were to do a whole new install on this hardwware.

USAFRet

Titan