[SOLVED] What parts of my PC are unbalanced (overkill, or lacking) for eachother?

Nov 7, 2019
I feel some parts are holding others back, as it is functioning ingame quite poorly.
I think it used to be better. I used to play RUST at max graphics at 60 FPS, and after logging into the game after like a year or something, i was met with a frame
rate of about 13, so i put it on lowest graphics and it is barely hitting 60. This is just one example and it could just be the game itself (thought no one else
i know has this, strange.) This is just the reasoning behind my mini-investigation. I know all the part's performance gets worse over time, i got the pc like 2.3 years ago).
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080. CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)
CPU: i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s).
x64-based PC
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING
Physical Memory: 15.9 GB
1TB Hard Drive.

Optional questions to answer:
Also planning on getting an Oculus Rift S, and if you have any knowledge about that I would like to know if it would play at a respectable fps.
What part should I upgrade next? I would probably say the CPU and then the GPU, but I don't know anything.

Thankyou!

Solution
Get some canned air and clean you computer out. You should do that at LEAST twice a year if not more often based on conditions. I suggest your issue is and or was heat related and hope nothing was damaged. I would suggest getting a temp monitoring program like HW Monitor or Core Temp and utilizing it. You should be able to get a baseline temp after the cleaning and watch for those averages to increase 10% or so to let you know it's time to dust.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
That system should be capable of 1080P 60 frames mid/high settings on many AAA titles. I would suggest there is something else at play or broken.

Do you regularly clean your PC of dust?
Have you optimized background apps and processes?

Nov 7, 2019
That system should be capable of 1080P 60 frames mid/high settings on many AAA titles. I would suggest there is something else at play or broken.

Do you regularly clean your PC of dust?
Have you optimized background apps and processes?

I have never cleaned my pc, I just assumed no dust would be able to get in there as there are little entrances. (Very common corsair case). I have an app which optimised background apps and brings FPS on games like battlefield from like 40 to 60-70, or 20 to 50.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Get some canned air and clean you computer out. You should do that at LEAST twice a year if not more often based on conditions. I suggest your issue is and or was heat related and hope nothing was damaged. I would suggest getting a temp monitoring program like HW Monitor or Core Temp and utilizing it. You should be able to get a baseline temp after the cleaning and watch for those averages to increase 10% or so to let you know it's time to dust.

Solution