What parts to upgrade?

Oct 13, 2018
Hi Guys,
Built a pc about 2 years ago, all new parts at the time. Never worked quite as well as it should, the CPU maxes out for games a lot, and also the gpu fails to initialize sometimes (just needs a rstart then fixed).

These are my parts list:

Just wondering if any of these could be bottleneck? I know Mobo isn't great but wasn't sure if that would make a difference. Or, if with these parts, you have any recoommendations on how to maximize performance?

Motherboard = Asus H110M-A/M.2
CPU = Intel i5 4600 (non k)
Graphics = Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
Memory = 2x 4GB Corsair 1066 Mhz
Power supply = Antec 520W High Current Gamer PSU Modular Extreme
HDD = WD Blue 1TB (2012)

Thanks for your time!

Lutfij

Titan
If you're on the latest BIOS update, you can drop in a non-K 7th gen Core i processor. You could also just get a higher processor from the same 6th generation(non-K). You don't have an SSD, so that is something I'd invest in right now.

^ I think the OP has confused the CPU designation with its Intel graphics ( HD 4600 ).
@ Jimmy.may.1994: Exactly which CPU is it? Start>Settings>system>about>system info ( or just search for system info ). Come back soon, take the load off, sit awhile and have some o' Grannies sippin whiskey while we chew the fat and y'all tell us 'bout your CPU. ;)

The existing motherboard supports a wide range of CPUs: https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/H110M-A-M-2/HelpDesk_CPU/ but if you choose to upgrade, please update the BIOS to the latest revision beforehand to ensure compatibility, in fact, updating may not be a bad idea anyway, it may get rid of your boot issues.
As motherboards go it's actually not that bad either, given its humble H110 chipset, it even has a M2 slot that supports both SATA and lower speed PCI-E drives although it is limited to DDR4 2133 memory speed ( it will accept faster memory, but run it at DDR4 2133 ) that isn't a major issue for an Intel based system.

With a decent GPU, PSU and ' enough ' RAM I'd look at upgrading the CPU, especially if you play games known to be CPU heavy, just watch what you pay.