Question What PC case are those of you with a 6900xt using?

aac11005

Prominent
Aug 12, 2021
Hi everyone. I'm wondering, for those who use the 6900XT, what type of case, and fan setup, are you using to keep the junction temps down. I've been experiencing some unusual temperatures on junction readings, which I understand can hit up to 110C as long as core does not hit that figure. Or I could be overly cautious, since AMD has reported that junction can hit up to 110C. The highest the GPU has seen so far is 92C when playing Warzone at 1440p on high settings, other games, even at ultra, report a slightly lower junction temperature. Below my setup.

Case: Fractal Meshify 2 Compact
CPU: AMD 5950X
GPU:AMD 6900X
PSU: Corsair RM1000X
Cooling: 120mm (Rear) 140mm x 2 (Top) 140mm x 3 + 360mm AIO (Front)
Fans on top and rear are exhaust and front are intake.

aac11005

Prominent
Aug 12, 2021
140mm x 3 + 360mm AIO (Front)
Could you elaborate on this?

Also what are your ambient room air temps?

I just realized I had the specs of the front fans wrong, they are 120mm. See picture below.
As far as ambient temperatures, inside the case, I haven't really taken a measure. But the computer room is kept at 68F.

Im starting to realize that maybe my issue is the configuration of the intake fans as they may be getting obstructed by the radiator. I've been considering upgrading to a case that can support a 360mm radiator on top, but I wasn't sure if maybe there's something that I'm missing in my configuration.

8cd3a59db35429cfe9fac5d3484f5c4c.jpg

aac11005

Prominent
Aug 12, 2021
I meant room temps, the room in which the system is operating in, not inside the case. The front fans are Corsair(that came with the AIO) what about the rest of the fans in your build?
+
Nice build! :)
Thanks! Is my first build and is been quite a ride regarding learning all the tricks and what not. The room temps are around 68F, according to my AC, of course. All the other fans are magnetic levitation fans by Corsair, not quite sure on the model. Even the ones that are on the radiator. I didn't use the ones provided by Corsair on the radiator, although they may look similar.

Edit: GPU has not been overclocked in any way. All settings are factory, same thing with CPU.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I didn't use the ones provided by Corsair on the radiator, although they may look similar.
Do let us know what those are, because that swap may not have been for the best.
The ones that came with the radiator are easy enough to figure out if you provide the model of the cooler.

Have you checked thermals with the side panel off?

The following may be useful as a reference - it could be what's going on inside the case:
View: https://youtu.be/10ERchM9Q6g?t=268

Reactions: aac11005

aac11005

Prominent
Aug 12, 2021
Do let us know what those are, because that swap may not have been for the best.
The ones that came with the radiator are easy enough to figure out if you provide the model of the cooler.

Have you checked thermals with the side panel off?

The following may be useful as a reference - it could be what's going on inside the case:
View: https://youtu.be/10ERchM9Q6g?t=268

I was able to find it. The top and front fans are Corsair ML140. The rear fan is Corsair Air Series AF120.
If there is a chance that I don't have the ideal fan setup, which one is recommendable? I think I still have the OEM fans that came with the radiator.

The only thing that I have done with the side panel off, is to verify air flow. Which can confirm happens, but haven't taken an accurate measurement or any ambient temperature inside the case.

The only game that really raises junction temps is Warzone, Far Cry 6 stays in the low 80s for junction, at 1440 Ultra. As well with other games like Evil Within 2, G.O.W, Assetto Corsa, F1 2021.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I was able to find it. The top and front fans are Corsair ML140. The rear fan is Corsair Air Series AF120.
If there is a chance that I don't have the ideal fan setup, which one is recommendable? I think I still have the OEM fans that came with the radiator.

The only thing that I have done with the side panel off, is to verify air flow. Which can confirm happens, but haven't taken an accurate measurement or any ambient temperature inside the case.

The only game that really raises junction temps is Warzone, Far Cry 6 stays in the low 80s for junction, at 1440 Ultra. As well with other games like Evil Within 2, G.O.W, Assetto Corsa, F1 2021.
So the fans on the radiator are ML120s?
You still haven't said what the cooler is - from the image, I could hazard a guess for H150i Pro XT, or H150i Pro.

Yes, next time you run with the side panel off, check thermals and compare with the older results.
It is possible you have too much top flow like in the video I linked earlier.

Games will hit your hardware differently. No surprise there.

aac11005

Prominent
Aug 12, 2021
So the fans on the radiator are ML120s?
You still haven't said what the cooler is - from the image, I could hazard a guess for H150i Pro XT, or H150i Pro.

Yes, next time you run with the side panel off, check thermals and compare with the older results.
It is possible you have too much top flow like in the video I linked earlier.

Games will hit your hardware differently. No surprise there.

Yes, correct, I apologize, I was hovering the packs I got from when I got it. Top are ML140s and Front are ML120s.
Cooler is H150i RGB Pro Xt.

If that is the case. Should I replace the front fans with the OEM ones? I'll check the video once Im home in a less restrictive network. Thank you for your help so far. :)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-Cooler is H150i RGB Pro Xt.
-I didn't use the ones provided by Corsair on the radiator, although they may look similar.
-Should I replace the front fans with the OEM ones?
Wait... so you replaced the original fans with the same ones..?
The H150i Pro XT comes with ML120s... and if you replaced those with ML120s...
???
Are they a different rpm or something, because these are the advertised specs of the preinstalled ones: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ.../ml-pro-config/p/CO-9050040-WW#tab-tech-specs

aac11005

Prominent
Aug 12, 2021
Wait... so you replaced the original fans with the same ones..?
The H150i Pro XT comes with ML120s... and if you replaced those with ML120s...
???
Are they a different rpm or something, because these are the advertised specs of the preinstalled ones: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ.../ml-pro-config/p/CO-9050040-WW#tab-tech-specs

Lol I'll be damned. They are the same. I guess I didn't really pay much attention since I had the same fan setup before purchasing the 360mm radiator, and just re-used them without paying much attention to the specs of the fans provided in the box.

aac11005

Prominent
Aug 12, 2021
Oops! Well, the fans aren't a concern anymore.
That leaves airflow - the top and center fans on the radiator may be blowing too hard. The fans may also be too close to the gpu too. You'll see what I mean when you have time to see that video.

I'll certainly check the video out. Thank for the help, again!