Question What PCIE DVI video card will work on this motherboard?

MannyL

Honorable
Aug 5, 2019
I have an older PC with a SuperMicro X9SCL Rev 1 motherboard. It has built in VGA but I would like to add a DVI card. The PCIE slots on this motherboard are a lot shorter than any of my extra PCIE video cards. What video card is available that I can use?

Thanks

I have an older PC with a SuperMicro X9SCL Rev 1 motherboard. It has built in VGA but I would like to add a DVI card. The PCIE slots on this motherboard are a lot shorter than any of my extra PCIE video cards. What video card is available that I can use?

Thanks
Your motherboard only has PCIe slots in x8 length. That makes finding a GPU more difficult, however, I think I found one. It is a VERY old chipset at this time but it is the only thing I found with an x8 length.
PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: EVGA 01G-P3-2710-KR GeForce GT 710 1 GB PCIe x8 Video Card ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $129.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-10-10 10:56 EDT-0400

Reactions: Eximo

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Closed end slots was an odd choice by Supermicro. If you carefully cut the slot's plastic away at the end you can install x16 cards if the GT710 doesn't meet your needs. Doesn't even look like anything would be in the way in the first PCIe slot.

Reactions: geofelt