What Power Cable Does my motherboard use

badpcguy

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
What power cable does my motherboard use??

Specs:
Intel Core i3-7100 Kaby Lake Dual-Core 3.9 GHz

Intel Hd Graphics 630

Dell inc. 07KY25 motherboard

8 GB ram

I am looking forward to upgrading my PC to 16 GB ram, EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, And a Corsair Certified RMx Series RM550x 550W 80 Plus Gold Full Modular Power Supply.

so please leave some feedback on what cables i will need and what power cable connector i will need

kerumbo

Reputable
Jan 25, 2015
The info provided by SR-71 Blackbird is correct, and unfortunately it gets worse. As you may have discovered by now (or maybe you already knew), replacing the motherboard will also invalidate your Windows 10 license, and you will have to buy a new one, full price. And installing it, if I'm not mistaken (I'm still checking before I take this step), will mean wiping out your whole C drive, not just using a new key to authorize the old installation. So, to review: Both the PSU and the motherboard are non-standard, so in addition to the upgraded graphics card and PSU, you will also need a bigger case (probably), and a new motherboard (unless you can find a power adapter that will go from a standard PSU's connectors to this board), AND a new copy of Windows 10. And, if you've been using the PC for a while, you will have to deal with saving all of your data somewhere and replacing it (unless you can use partitions), and reinstall everything from scratch. Suddenly this PC does not seem such a bargain, in my opinion. I mean, it's fine if someone is happy with it "as is," but it is a poor choice for any enthusiast who wants to upgrade the video and/or power. If you had success with this project, I hope you will post an update.