[SOLVED] What power cables do I need to plug into my motherboard?

Dec 27, 2020
I have a Gigabyte Z490 Vision G motherboard, a 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10700K CPU (not overclocked), and a Corsair TX750M PSU.

I've connected the 24-pin power cable from the PSU into the mobo, do I also need to plug in the ATX 12V 2x2 and/or 2x4? If so, where would I find them on the PSU?

Thanks!

Dec 27, 2020
The cable marked CPU is 4x2, however it looks like it could split into two 2x2s, although I'm not sure how...

EDIT: My motherboard doesn't have a 4x4 port, but I'm guessing you meant 2x2 (therefore having 4 pins).

EDIT 2: My mobo has one 2x2 port and one 4x2 port right next to each other, although the shapes of the plastic around the pins is different to the 4x2 cable from the PSU. If I were to split the 4x2 cable into two 2x2s, one of them looks like it would fit the 2x2 port.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020
It's marked 4x4 CPU on PSU. You will need at least four of the 8 pin available.

My PSU is semi-modular, and I've found the 4+4 CPU port on it, however, one of the hardwired cables is the EPS 4+4, which is what I was getting confused with.

So I need to plug the 4+4 CPU cable into the respective port on the PSU, and the ATX 12V 2x4 port on the mobo, am I right? But what do I do with the hardwired EPS ATX 12V cable, which is also 2x4 (4+4)?

Sorry if I've gotten something wrong, this is my first time building a PC

Dec 27, 2020
Yes. Use the hardwired one. It should be bundled along with the 24pin

But the hardwired one has the wrong shaped plastic around the pins.

Port on the mobo:

Plug on the cable:

As you can see, there are too many curved plastic bits on the plug, so surely it's not the right one? This is my first time building a PC, sorry if these questions seem to have obvious answers.