[SOLVED] What Power Supply should i bought for this build?

Mar 29, 2020
Hi, i'm from Thailand and i'm going to buy the new gaming PC. Here is my specs.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
MSI Gaming X RX5600XT
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB 3200mhz
Cooler Master MB500 RGB
2TB WD Blue HDD
250GB WD Blue SSD
The problem was, we have limited psu options here. Also no EVGA available. So what Power supply should i bought?
I appreciated all helps. Thank you.

Solution
If you can get the rm, go for that.
otherwise get the cx.

Really with corsair just avoid vs and cv models since they really arent meant for gaming pc.

The s12ii should only be bought if you cannot afford anything else.
The problem was, we have limited psu options here. Also no EVGA available. So what Power supply should i bought?

Not having EVGA is not a big deal. :D

I've been to Thailand and have gone to many computer shops there. There are PLENTY of good brands available. You're just not going to the right places.

Do you have seasonic / corsair?

They most certainly do. In fact, Corsair even have employees on the ground in Thailand.

Mar 29, 2020
Yeah, we do have Seasonic and Corsair but i don't know which model is good. After reading multiples forums i'm getting confused because some say this model is good but some say its not.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Really any grey label non vs or cv model is good.
Don't know for sure but it seems that the 650watt isn't that bad, is based on a different platform from i've read. Not great,but just not bad as well. If someone can get anything better of course should they go for that,but if one of the choices between mediocre or worse maybe not that bad of a choice.

If im wrong jonny will rip me a new one for it since being in this thread.:eek:;)

Don't know for sure but it seems that the 650watt isn't that bad, is based on a different platform from i've read. Not great,but just not bad as well. If someone can get anything better of course should they go for that,but if one of the choices between mediocre or worse maybe not that bad of a choice.

If im wrong jonny will rip me a new one for it since being in this thread.:eek:;)

The CV is just the VS with Bronze efficiency. Unless you get the 650W (which the OP doesn't need), it doesn't even have DC to DC for the +3.3V and +5V. :( That's why you've read "it's not that bad".

But if you need 450W or 550W, definitely get the CX.

http://i.nvade.it/coW (Quiet, performs well, fully modular, 10 years warranty)
http://i.nvade.it/bG2 (A bit noisy, performs well, fully modular, 5 years warranty)
https://shopee.co.th/POWER-SUPPLY-CORSAIR-TX650M-650W(80-GOLD)-i.83229304.1413741941 (A bit noisy, performs well (but worse than the other two), semi modular, 7 years warranty)

I don't know if these are the best prices, I am not familiar with Thai online shopping platforms. But these three are the best I could find for around 3000B. I tried looking for 550W units but I couldn't find one except CXs and CVs, not the best when you can go with these three 650Ws.

Last edited: