[SOLVED] What power supply shoyld should i buy from these

Jul 9, 2020
Please keep it to 1 thread
Hello guys so since My old psu ( thermaltake smart rgb ) became noisy when playing games and some people said it's a cheap one and it should be replaced I'm trying to get a new one these are the only one I can offer in my country ( there are no evga / corsair )

Cooler master MWE 650W BRONZE V2

Cooler master Masterwatt lite 700W white

FSP hyper m85+ 550W bronze

Gigabyte b700h bronze

THERMALTAKE smart bx1 rgb 650W

So what do you suggest from these ?!

my setup :
Ryzen 5 2600X

MSI GTX 1660 GAMING X

8GB RAM 2666MHZ

B450M-K PRIME ASUS

Solution
The CM mwe 650W bronze V2 is on the B+
the V1 is on low end
There's a V2 in Tier B as well, it's the one which only takes 230V input. If the one you are buying is the one which has full-range input(it's something like 110-230 V), then sure, you can go ahead with it. But not all MWE Bronze V2 are good, only the ones with full range input. Sorry for not noticing that, I thought the Tier B+ was talking about the MWE Gold.
Hello guys so since My old psu ( thermaltake smart rgb ) became noisy when playing games and some people said it's a cheap one and it should be replaced I'm trying to get a new one these are the only one I can offer in my country ( there are no evga / corsair )

Cooler master MWE 650W BRONZE V2

Cooler master Masterwatt lite 700W white

FSP hyper m85+ 550W bronze

Gigabyte b700h bronze

THERMALTAKE smart bx1 rgb 650W

So what do you suggest from these ?!

my setup :
Ryzen 5 2600X

MSI GTX 1660 GAMING X

8GB RAM 2666MHZ

B450M-K PRIME ASUS
Out of all those options, the highest quality is the Cooler Master MWE Bronze, but even that isn't good enough quality for your system. If you want a safe, stable system I'd recommend something like a Corsair CX550, which is better quality than the MWE Bronze. Other than that, you can get any other PSU from Tier B+ on this tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/ . I really wouldn't recommend going below Tier B+. The MWE Bronze is one tier below it. The others are even worse.

Jul 9, 2020
Out of all those options, the highest quality is the Cooler Master MWE Bronze, but even that isn't good enough quality for your system. If you want a safe, stable system I'd recommend something like a Corsair CX550, which is better quality than the MWE Bronze. Other than that, you can get any other PSU from Tier B+ on this tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/ . I really wouldn't recommend going below Tier B+. The MWE Bronze is one tier below it. The others are even worse.
I would love go get a corsair one but there are no evga or corsair in my country :/
is the mwe V2 atleast not bad since i dont have much choices?

Jul 9, 2020
Hello guys I had I THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 500W psu and it started making noises after 10 months so I sent it to rma in the main time I'm looking for a new one and in my country we have bad manufacturers ( NO CORSAIR / NO EVGA .... )

The only choice I have is COOLER MASTER 650W BRONZE V2 or FSP HYPER M85 + 550W BRONZE

I planing to buy theCoolet Mastet one because some guys told me the fsp one is known for coil whine but I saw reports that's the CM one fails a lot after a while of using but these reports were about the V1 version so am I good to go with the V2 ?

or should I stay with thermaltake replacement ?

note : there is thermaltake thoughpower DPS G gold and thermaltake smart pro rgb( à lil bit expensive but maybe if I stick with my old thermaltake I can save money for it ? )

So what should I do :

=> Cooler master MWE bronze v2?

=> Stay with the replacement until I save for the thermaltake thoughpower DPS G Gold or thermaltake smart pro rgb ?

My setup :

Ryzen 5 2600x

msi gtx 1660 gaming x

asus b450m-k prime

The CM mwe 650W bronze V2 is on the B+
the V1 is on low end
There's a V2 in Tier B as well, it's the one which only takes 230V input. If the one you are buying is the one which has full-range input(it's something like 110-230 V), then sure, you can go ahead with it. But not all MWE Bronze V2 are good, only the ones with full range input. Sorry for not noticing that, I thought the Tier B+ was talking about the MWE Gold.

Solution
Jul 9, 2020
how can I know that it has full range input ?

how can I know that it has full range input ?
Are you buying online? It'll say so in the specs probably, and if you're buying offline then probably somewhere on the box. Full range input basically means it can run both in the US and the rest of the world, US has different household voltage(110 V) and the rest of the world has different voltage(around 220 V), so if the box/product page says it compatible worldwide or something similar then that means it's full range.

Edit: Okay, I messed up again. You can buy the MWE Bronze V2, no need to check anything. It's fine. The V2 in Tier B is actually the 80+ White version, not Bronze version. Cooler Master's names are really confusing >.<

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020
Are you buying online? It'll say so in the specs probably, and if you're buying offline then probably somewhere on the box. Full range input basically means it can run both in the US and the rest of the world, US has different household voltage(110 V) and the rest of the world has different voltage(around 220 V), so if the box/product page says it compatible worldwide or something similar then that means it's full range.

Edit: Okay, I messed up again. You can buy the MWE Bronze V2, no need to check anything. It's fine. The V2 in Tier B is actually the 80+ White version, not Bronze version. Cooler Master's names are really confusing >.<
I just hope it will last unlike the v1

Not quite, we've merged tier C into D and renamed B to C recently. It's a decent PSU for very cheap build with something like RX580 or GTX1660 if it's cheap enough itself.
Well then the V1 will fall into Tier D, and an RX 580 or GTX 1660 is NOT classified as a cheap build, there's a reason the tier for cheap builds is below the tier for builds with integrated graphics - cheap build means extremely low-end cards with low power draw, probably something from the Nvidia GT series of cards, or an AMD RX 550. A GTX 1660 may not be completely mid-range, but I'd still suggest going with a Tier B+ PSU for it because it definitely doesn't fall into low-end or cheap builds either.

And anyway, I was referring to the Tier List on the ltt forums, not the one's on Tom's Hardware, pretty much the Tier list we've been using for this entire thread. So let's avoid further confusion between the two lists and stick to the one originally used. The MWE Bronze V1 falls into Tier C and is NOT suitable for a GTX 1660, it's suitable for a system using perhaps an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G without a dGPU, nothing more(at least the versions below 600 W).

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Well then the V1 will fall into Tier D
You're kinda right, i forgot to mention that <=500W and =>600W MWE Bronze V1 [MPX] are different, with former being group regulated (tier D) and latter being DC-DC.
RX 580 or GTX 1660 is NOT classified as a cheap build
Sure, i would be more confortable if people were using tier A/B units with all builds, even cheap ones but there are still demand for very cheap PSUs and tier C (in current revision, former tier B) units are good choices if they're cheap enough.
And anyway, I was referring to the Tier List on the ltt forums, not the one's on Tom's Hardware, pretty much the Tier list we've been using for this entire thread
It's the same thing, tier list here has more recent revision, LTT tier list is older because Luke is lazy. So if anything, stick to one here until Luke will update LTT thread.

You're kinda right, i forgot to mention that <=500W and =>600W MWE Bronze V1 [MPX] are different, with former being group regulated (tier D) and latter being DC-DC.

Sure, i would be more confortable if people were using tier A/B units with all builds, even cheap ones but there are still demand for very cheap PSUs and tier C (in current revision, former tier B) units are good choices if they're cheap enough.

It's the same thing, tier list here has more recent revision, LTT tier list is older because Luke is lazy. So if anything, stick to one here until Luke will update LTT thread.
I get what you're saying but you were, from what I can tell, defending the MWE Bronze V1 for a GTX 1660 build. A Tier D PSU for a lower mid-range GPU does not seem like a good recommendation to me. Sure, maybe some Tier C PSUs could handle it, but definitely not Tier D, and Tier A and B would obviously be ideal. To anyone else reading through this, the Tiers I'm now using are the ones from the Tom's Hardware List, NOT the LTT List.

All-in-all, for the OP, I'd still suggest going with the MWE Bronze V2, because the V1 is not adequate unless he wants to spend extra on a 600W or more unit and still get a worse quality unit.

Jul 9, 2020
Hello I'm wondering if this psu is good since I don't have other choices because of my country we don't have corsair or evga .....
The only other choice I have is COOLER MASTER MWE 650W BRONZE V2 but I saw some reports that the MWE Gold is having issues so since they are in the same serie I though the bronze will have the same issues
btw is the fsp one good ? is it true that is known for coil whine?
I hv Ryzen 5 2600x with msi gtx 1660 gaming x

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
The only other choice I have is COOLER MASTER MWE 650W BRONZE V2 but I saw some reports that the MWE Gold is having issues so since they are in the same serie I though the bronze will have the same issues
Why you've created a new thread ? CM MWE V2 and MWE Gold are completely different PSUs, and the only issues i'm aware of with the latter is some problems (5VSB IIRC) with the batch made in the early 2018. Other your questions were already answered in your previous thread.

Jul 9, 2020
Why you've created a new thread ? CM MWE V2 and MWE Gold are completely different PSUs, and the only issues i'm aware of with the latter is some problems (5VSB IIRC) with the batch made in the early 2018. Other your questions were already answered in your previous thread.
Sorry for that
Can you explain to me what is 5VSB IIRC ( the problem you said you are aware of )