[SOLVED] What Power supply to choose .?

awayagain

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018
Hey everyone
i faced a issues with my current power supply Coolermaster mwe 750 gold lasted a year and half.
and now IT turn off when gaming doesnt turn on only after a 500 click to boot anyways
i aim to change it to these ONLY avaible choices yes in algeria we only have these Psu (without counting the +1000 and -600 power onces ) and can't make amazon delievries since its locked for covid
1-cooler master mwe v2 850gold
2-Msi A750GF gold
3-Antec HCG 850w gold
4-AORUS AP750GM 80PLUS GOLD
5-PHANTEKS 650 Watt AMP 80 PLUS Gold Modular
6-Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GRAND/FULLY MODULAR 850W
I have a i5-10600kf with msi z490 gaming edge wifi + gtx 1080 aiming to go for a 3080 from 2022
35gb ram 4tb hdd + 512 m.2
Thanks everyone

Solution
I understand that the Antec HCG is quite good.

The reference I use indicates that "some of the Thermaltake Toughpower series models" are good.

I can't speak for or against the others, as I don't really know. Given my limited knowledge, I'd probably lean toward the Antec.

That said, yeah the MWE V2 is supposed to be good, so it's a little surprising that it gave you trouble.

Is getting a replacement under warranty not possible?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

The reference I use indicates that "some of the Thermaltake Toughpower series models" are good.

I can't speak for or against the others, as I don't really know. Given my limited knowledge, I'd probably lean toward the Antec.

That said, yeah the MWE V2 is supposed to be good, so it's a little surprising that it gave you trouble.

Is getting a replacement under warranty not possible?

Solution

awayagain

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018

Thanks for answer
about the cooler master mine is the v1 mwe
and it was supposed to be good but yet the problem came alone without any warning one day my pc doesnt start up after i try many and countless try to boot up + memory check cmos etc...
and now after two weeks it turn off by itself when even in menu in games or iso mounting :/
i guess because my brother installed with it a nitram inverter
back up ups 600w limited 1000va
wich killed the psu i guess and no warenty is dead

D

Deleted member 362816

@Captain Discombobulate thanks for answer
but honnestly i'm still kinda scared for a cooler master since its the second time it fails me in a short time
what about other's

Stuff can fail out of the 400 computers I built in the last 2 years the brands that failed the most for me were Corsair and EVGA, Stuff happens as long as the Manufacture stand behind there warrenty it is what is is.

TRENDING THREADS