Question What price should my USED PC Cost?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nospecgamer

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
Hey everyone, I just got into PC Flipping and since it's my first time, I didn't really know much about pricing. I've contacted someone that's been flipping PC's for quite some time now and I gave him some specs of what I was gonna pick up used. He told me that, it should be sold at around $600-$700 (Canadian Dollars). He has a similar PC for only like $450, and I asked him why $600-$700, when someone could be going for that $450 one. Since I was trying to go for a Gamer Style PC with the RGB Bling, he said that at the price point I gave you, would be a good starting point if you are building the PC for looks+performance. He told me that, though you could get the same for PC for a much cheaper price, the current stage of the generation is RGB. If the computer looks good, it'll attract people to buy it. If you went more on ONLY the Performance and not the Looks, there would be less people trying to buy it because it just looks like a plain old Dell Desktop with a slapped on GTX sticker. I already gathered up the parts, but i'm still thinking about the price. I know I should be selling it for $700, but everytime I looked at someones elses PC that has the same specs for a lower price (With obviously no RGB Bling, and fancy cases). It just feels like somethings wrong, or it might just be my brain. If you were me how much would you sell this PC for? Of course, in Canadian Dollars.

Specs:

i7 2600 (Stock)
ASUS P8P67 Pro REV 3.1
RX 570 Nitro+ 4 GB
16 GB's (4x4) of (something speed, I got the parts but tested in a testbench but forgot to check it's speed)
500w DA500 PSU 80+ Bronze
120 GB Intel SSD (Boot)
500 GB Samsung Pro SSD
4x Deepcool CF ARGB Fans
Deepcool Matrexx 50 Tempered Glass

(I wish for a profit of $200) (Minimum profit is $100)

nospecgamer

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
With all the back and forth, it's hard to determine where you're coming from. Hence the question.

So, looking to buy FX level parts, about a decade old.
To build up a system to sell.

You're going down the same road.
Trying to make a "profit" from obsolete parts.

No no no, this is completely of the topic for the question. I’m just selling old computer stuff, I just didn’t know what my FM2 board would be but I just found that out. I didn’t buy the parts used and then sell it, this is just stuff I used long ago but now I don’t use it and I want to sell it (I don’t care about profit in this case, I just want to sell it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk