what primary drive to get

tony00

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
I just bought a new desktop ; (Dell XPS 8700 Desktop Computer (Black)) and comes with a 1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive, I want to get a bigger drive before installing any software or anything else in the 1 TB drive, which one do you recommend? Since it is going to be my primary drive were my OS will be installed thinking of like a 6TB Capacity, that almost is going to be on 24/7, I was thinking of the WD Black Desktop 3.5-inch Hard Drive 6T WD6001FZWX Or WD Purple Surveillance Hard Drives 6T WD60PURX, I see that the black has a warranty of 5years.
One thing that I am confuse about is about OS and programs, my first though was to install a SSD as my primary disk drive for my OS and programs, and 2 Hard disks for my data and rest of( programs in case is not enough space) in the SSD but no want to spend that money now, anyway if in future I do it can I install the SSD only for the OS and some programs the rest of programs and data residing on secondary Hard disk

tony00

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015

with the ssd, it is not to much space for all my stuff, I have 3 external drivers 2T each full with ( photos, books, movies, music, that I was not able to itransfer to the new destop. like I said before probably nest year ssd are cheaper so want to get one probably the samsung 2T, and install like 2 03 3 regular drives 6T or 8T for all my data.