Question What problems can I expect installing MSI B560 Mobo in old Mid Tower case

rapiddecline

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
My current motherboard/systems is about 8yrs old and in the near future I will upgrade. Replacing all components but the Case. It appears all newer cases use glass side(s) are more fragile this this old metal case.

My first concern is fitting the MSI M560 motherboard back plane as its configuration if far removed from the original bracket.

I'd appreciate information/ suggestions. Can provide photos of the case if requested.

Thank you.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
What case or system?

Motherboard size spec should be your main concern unless it was a completely proprietary format. For instance, mid tower case is likely to be m-ATX so any of that size board should fit.
Main concern if its a prebuild type case is often the front panel connectors being wonky. There are available harness' for the standard fare.

rapiddecline

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
What case or system?

Motherboard size spec should be your main concern unless it was a completely proprietary format. For instance, mid tower case is likely to be m-ATX so any of that size board should fit.
Main concern if its a prebuild type case is often the front panel connectors being wonky. There are available harness' for the standard fare.
What case or system?

Great Answer! Simplified my concerns. Thank you!

rapiddecline

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
What case or system?

What case or system?

Great Answer! Simplified my concerns. Thank you!