What processor and motherboard to buy for gaming Budget:200$

Solution
Honestly, you're probably going to have to save up some more money before you consider an upgrade. An upgrade to a modern platform also requires you buy new RAM, as nothing new uses DDR3. In terms of new stuff, maybe you could get something like an Athlon 200GE, a low end motherboard, and 8GB of DDR4 within that budget, but that setup would at best offer similar performance and at worst be a slight downgrade over what you have.

The only other option within that budget would be to look at some older Intel chips that you can use your RAM with eg. see if you can grab an old Haswell based i7 eg. Core i7 4770k or 4790k and a motherboard used.

In any case, you are probably more GPU bound when it comes to gaming, if you absolutely had to spend money now you may be better off just getting a new GPU instead eg. an RX 570 or even a cheaper 580 might be found at around the $200 mark. Maybe try overclocking your CPU (this is doable on locked multiplier Intel chips from this era) if you do find yourself CPU bound.

Feb 28, 2018

Thanks for answering

I am definetely cpu bound as this cpu cant handle any recent game properly due to fps drops its very annoying thats why i have to upgrade

Do you think ryzen 1200 would be good if i can afford it?

The priority here is not fps but rather to not have constant FPS drops stuttering that sort of thing

It's a decent gaming CPU, though with only 4 threads not the greatest on some of the latest AAA games, though that might not be a huge concern if you only have a GTX 1050. Fitting an R3 1200 in with a motherboard and 8GB of RAM (don't get less than that) will be tough on a $200 budget.

Solution
Feb 28, 2018

Okay thanks i think i can manage it, just one more question: does ram speed matter? or should i just buy the cheapest 8 gigs 2100mhz ram i can find

For Ryzen RAM speed is important as it dictates how fast the core clusters talk to each other. Using slower RAM increases latency and can make a not insignificant impact to performance. Budget is tight in this case, so if all you can get is 2133MHz RAM, then that's all you can get, but if you can find at least 2666MHz RAM at an acceptable price, it might be a good idea to get the faster RAM if at all possible.

Do you have microcenter near you? If you do, they usually have a promo, buy an AMD cpu, and get 30 off a board. The one near me is carrying an ASRock b350 board for around 60, so 30 for the board, 100 for the cpu, that leaves you around 70 for ram. So if that's available, I'd look into that route.