what processor is best for my mobo?

jeremiahlozanobais

Reputable
Jan 22, 2017
http://www.emaxxtech.com/product/emx-a70fm2icafe/

that is my motherboard. can you please help me choose which is the best processor that is compatible with my motherboard.

Solution

If you navigate to the "CPU Support" tab, then click the link to their OneDrive pdf, you'll see all the supported CPUs.

I would recommend either of the top 2 on the list. A10 series is where you want to be in general, though.

A10 8850B
A10 7890k

KyleADunn

Honorable

If you navigate to the "CPU Support" tab, then click the link to their OneDrive pdf, you'll see all the supported CPUs.

I would recommend either of the top 2 on the list. A10 series is where you want to be in general, though.

A10 8850B
A10 7890k

Solution
Well what CPU do you already have?

Depending on what you have, upgrading could be a complete and utter waste of money.

Also if you just purchased that motherboard you would be better off returning it and getting an intel build. The FM2 platform is not only end of life (as in AMD has stopped making anything else for FM2), but it is a weak platform to begin with; the BEST cpu to the whole platform (the 880k) can not beat a 3 year old core i3 in performance (and mind you i3 is intel's lower end offering). A pentium g4560, b250 motherboard and 8gb ddr4 memory will run $180 and will beat the pants off of everything FM2 platform.

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador

KyleADunn

Honorable

Are you having problems opening the tab and link?

It's a very long list of CPUs. Is there a particular budget you're looking for? The other top 8 could also be a shot in the dark. If you can afford either of the two previously listed, get one of them. Otherwise give us a budget (and country/currency) and we'll find the best upgrade for you.

If you're going to use it with a dedicated GPU, the A10s are a waste of money compared to the Athlons. The Athlon x4 880K is practically the same on the CPU side as the A10-7890K, but significantly cheaper.

I'd step down the ladder a little more for the Athlon x4 860K though. Very affordable, and just slightly slower than the 880K. And you can always overclock to make up for the lower stock clocks.

So yeah an A10 (or Athlon X4 if you have dediacted GPU) will show a noticable gain over that A4.

Although, as I stated before the Pentium g4560 is better.
I understand if budget is a concern, but at this piont buying another FM2 cpu is just throwing away good money after bad, much much better to just save to switch to intel. With the intel build you will then have 2017 arecheticutre and you will have an actual upgrade path for future as you can always throw and i5 or i7 and see another huge bump in performance.