[SOLVED] What Processors i can have in my LGA 1155 Socket?

Ogis

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
So, im just curious..i have Pentium G630 and i want to upgrade it..I have LGA 1155 Socket..but i cant find Processors that are on the shops...I only found some on amazon..but can you tell me which i can have there?

Solution
The Intel Core i7-2700K is probably the best you can fit in there. But I question if it's worth it. A quick search shows that CPU going for around $300.
You'd have to be nuts to pay the original full retail price for a 8-9 years old part. Used ones go for $125-150 on eBay, which is still a little steep for what you get compared to modern CPUs - about equivalent to a Ryzen 2400G except for the massively outdated IGP.

Better off contemplating a whole platform upgrade IMO, perhaps wait to see how Ryzen 3000 pans out. (I'd say wait to see if anything interesting comes out from Intel's side too but given how Intel has been bumping prices up since Ryzen's launch, I'm only expecting yet more bang-per-buck disappointment.)

InvalidError

Titan
If the motherboard is a 60-series, you should be able to use anything from the Sandy bridge generation, possibly Ivy Bridge if the board has a BIOS update for it. If it is a 70-series chipset, then you should be able to use anything from the Sandy (2000-series i5/i7) and Ivy Bridge (3000-series) generations.

Ogis

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
i think i have Sandy.. but not all processors from i5 and i7 will be compatible because.. it has at 99,9% 1151 Socket..i have LGA 1155..socket.. so i dont think that anything

Ogis

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
Is this a pre-built system like a dell or anything? If so, if you're windows 10, go to Start and type "System Information" and select the application. What's listed in there for system manufacturer and model?

If not, we can try 3rd party software to ID your motherboard.
Download and instal CPU-Z. You'll be able to get motherboard information there.
I have motherboard Foxconn 2ABF ... Ooooh, thats really really old one

InvalidError

Titan
The Intel Core i7-2700K is probably the best you can fit in there. But I question if it's worth it. A quick search shows that CPU going for around $300.
You'd have to be nuts to pay the original full retail price for a 8-9 years old part. Used ones go for $125-150 on eBay, which is still a little steep for what you get compared to modern CPUs - about equivalent to a Ryzen 2400G except for the massively outdated IGP.

Better off contemplating a whole platform upgrade IMO, perhaps wait to see how Ryzen 3000 pans out. (I'd say wait to see if anything interesting comes out from Intel's side too but given how Intel has been bumping prices up since Ryzen's launch, I'm only expecting yet more bang-per-buck disappointment.)

Solution