'what program do you want to open with'

Edgerunner

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
New build.
Win 10 Ryzen 5 Asus Mobo.

My RAM would not go up to it's 3400 Speed in the Bios and I realized that I needed to Update my Mobo Drivers.
During the download I received the what program do you want to open with question. Trying to minimize the window I must have inadvertently clicked a button and now the Bios Update for my Mobo wants to open with Internet Explorer.

How do I change what program to open my Bios Update and what program should I use to open it?

Solution
A BIOS update should be done through bios itself and not through windows. Look up the proper instructions for your specific motherboard model. Generally you unzip the download package and place its contents on a usb stick (I find usb 2.0 to work better for some reason). Reboot and enter bios and use, in your case, the asus EZ flash utility. Select the appropriate storage device, select the file, go through the promps and let it finish-do NOT interrupt it under any circumstances.
A BIOS update should be done through bios itself and not through windows. Look up the proper instructions for your specific motherboard model. Generally you unzip the download package and place its contents on a usb stick (I find usb 2.0 to work better for some reason). Reboot and enter bios and use, in your case, the asus EZ flash utility. Select the appropriate storage device, select the file, go through the promps and let it finish-do NOT interrupt it under any circumstances.

Solution