Question what psu should i get?

Apr 10, 2023
Spec:
ryzen 3 3200g
16gb ram
asus prime a320m-k mobo
256gb ssd

psu that i have now are bad, its a psu i get from buying the case. i have saving some money to buy a better psu and i come down to these 3:
PSU 550W COOLER MASTER MWE 550 BRONZE V2 230V 80 PLUS
Gigabyte P550B - 550 Watt 80 PLUS Bronze Gaming PSU
FSP HV PRO 650 PSU 650W 85 PLUS BRONZE POWER SUPPLY

or if there any suggestion my budget are under Rp.800.000 (54$) and i get all my part on tokopedia

Solution
thanks for the suggestion but the link u sent me, the psu are used and i dont think it has any sort of warranty to it and i search for the same model but it was far away from my budget. i found xpg adata pylon 550w and it has a full range input and it has 5 year warranty, what do you think?

I wouldn't be crazy about it, but it would do OK-ish in a pinch with a 1660 (the Core Reactors are the really nice XPG ones). I'd certainly take it over most 230V-only Cooler Master mediocrity.

Generally speaking, with a 1660, I'd avoid going below Tier B on the list here, if possible.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What sort of discrete GPU do you intend to drop into the platform later down the road? If none, then you can get away with a 450W unit. If you're set to get either unit listed above but want to hold onto the unit for a long time without a discrete GPU in your build, you should be fine with either the Coolermaster of FSP unit. Personally, I'd look into a higher quality unit with a slightly higher price tag.

Apr 10, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What sort of discrete GPU do you intend to drop into the platform later down the road? If none, then you can get away with a 450W unit. If you're set to get either unit listed above but want to hold onto the unit for a long time without a discrete GPU in your build, you should be fine with either the Coolermaster of FSP unit. Personally, I'd look into a higher quality unit with a slightly higher price tag.
thanks for the suggestion! i would get a 1650 or 1660 later, would those two psu good enough? or should i just save more and get a better psu?

Apr 10, 2023
Wattage wise, they'll be fine. I'd invest in a higher quality unit though, for peace of mind, that's just my method of thinking and building. I can't speak for your wallet and your predicament though.
im ordering the coolermaster mwe v2 bronze and i see 2 version ACAAB and ACABW. the ACAAB were slightly more expensive and i checked in the cultist psu tier list the ACAAB was listed in b tier but the ACABW is c tier what the difference? is it the build quality or the spec?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
im ordering the coolermaster mwe v2 bronze and i see 2 version ACAAB and ACABW. the ACAAB were slightly more expensive and i checked in the cultist psu tier list the ACAAB was listed in b tier but the ACABW is c tier what the difference? is it the build quality or the spec?

The slightly more expensive one is not group-regulated. There's no reason to ever buy a group-regulated PSU or 230V-only in 2023 unless you're building a basic office machine.

Apr 10, 2023
The slightly more expensive one is not group-regulated. There's no reason to ever buy a group-regulated PSU or 230V-only in 2023 unless you're building a basic office machine.
after some checking there were no ACAAB available in my country. i checked all store and its the 230v only (ACABW) everywhere. is there any alternative with the same price or a bit higher if its better as the mwe bronze v2 550w and available in indonesia?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
after some checking there were no ACAAB available in my country. i checked all store and its the 230v only (ACABW) everywhere. is there any alternative with the same price or a bit higher if its better as the mwe bronze v2 550w and available in indonesia?

Do you have preferred stores?

Unfortunately, quality budget PSUs are going to be quite expensive in that part of the world.

Apr 10, 2023
While you don't need this many watts, the price is cheaper than the good ones with less maximum output.

https://www.tokopedia.com/palestore/psu-evga-750-gq-80-gold-semi-modular?extParam=ivf=false&src=search

I wouldn't use a GQ on a high-end card, but for a 1660, it ought to be fine.
thanks for the suggestion but the link u sent me, the psu are used and i dont think it has any sort of warranty to it and i search for the same model but it was far away from my budget. i found xpg adata pylon 550w and it has a full range input and it has 5 year warranty, what do you think?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

I wouldn't be crazy about it, but it would do OK-ish in a pinch with a 1660 (the Core Reactors are the really nice XPG ones). I'd certainly take it over most 230V-only Cooler Master mediocrity.

Generally speaking, with a 1660, I'd avoid going below Tier B on the list here, if possible.

Solution