Apr 15, 2020
I'm having trouble picking a power supply, I've ordered/have the following

Ryzen 9 3900X
Asus ROG Strix X570-E
be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2 Case

And while I do intend to upgrade my graphics card, I'll be using my Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 8GB for the time being.

I'm tempted to go for RGB ones, but I'm not a fan of Thermaltake, and they all seem to have issues. I've been going for 750W which I know is overkill, but I intend to overclock and have room to upgrade in the future. However at this stage I'm considering 650W and I'll buy a better one when that time comes. I don't mind spending a bit extra for something higher end.

My problem is any PSU that is decent has a short distance between peripheral connectors, which is basically a dealbreaker (unless there is a reliable set of other ones I can purchase (I'm in Australia, so I might have different availability).

A fair few options come with only one EPS cable, I think that's all I need, and if I need another one that can be sourced as well (right?). but any word on what to do here would be apreciated.

Happy to provide more information, if required.

cooldex

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2012
Dude its a powersupply just make sure its more then 600w but it can be 1600w, Also theres extensions for extra length but usally the standard cable length is suffice for nearly all cases. But hey you can cross reference each power supply on the manufacturers site to find the cable length desired.

Apr 15, 2020
Here's what I'd recommend for a good 650-750w PSU.
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/gWbwrH,B9CD4D,fndxFT,mQDkcf/

As far as the distance between peripheral connections you may need to be a bit more specific. Or checkout a place like cablemod where you can have custom cables made.

Thanks, I've been looking through reviews and most of the good PSUs (example) mention some sort of cable issue. Having poorly placed peripheral connectors has been really troublesome in the past, and is something I hope to avoid this time around.

That case has a PSU shroud, using an GRB power supply that is mostly hidden is a bit silly.

You can use good quality cable extenders if needed, and if you want to have a clean look with color matching it's a good idea to get some anyway.

The Shroud is optional, but yes, I'm not looking at RGB - though I do have a fair few RGB parts. I do want a quiet PSU, though. But I guess since there isn't one power supply that has it all, getting one with only unsatisfactory cables and a good quality set separately, is the way to go.

Follow-up: I think I'll go for the Super Flower one, would/should the CableMod C-Series AXi, HXi & RM Essentials Cable Kit work? it says for Corsair, but I'd expect it would fit for any modular PSU? - there is only one Supplier in Australia, and I can't seem to find other custom cables for Super Flower PSUs

bignastyid

Titan
Follow-up: I think I'll go for the Super Flower one, would/should the CableMod C-Series AXi, HXi & RM Essentials Cable Kit work? it says for Corsair, but I'd expect it would fit for any modular PSU? - there is only one Supplier in Australia, and I can't seem to find other custom cables for Super Flower PSUs

Most definitely not, modular cables are unit or series specific mixing can be very bad. Looks like Cablemod doesn't make cables for Superflower atm, but it looks like Moddiy does.