Question What RAM do I need to upgrade this laptop?

Sep 23, 2019
The laptop is an
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0013dx.
It already came with 8gb of RAM and I want to add 8 more gb. The thing is that I don't know what RAM is compatible with this; could you please help me?

Lutfij

Titan
You have two ways to go about this.

Either,
A| Open up the bottom of the laptop, locate the single stick of ram and see what the stickered information says.
or
B| Use CPU-Z, go to SPD tab and see what the information shows for the stick of ram.

Use the information found off the ram to locate an identical stick of ram. If you can't find an identical stick of ram, you're better off get a ram kit. 2x8GB DDR4-2400MHz laptop rams, dual channel kit.

Sep 23, 2019
You have two ways to go about this.

Either,
A| Open up the bottom of the laptop, locate the single stick of ram and see what the stickered information says.
or
B| Use CPU-Z, go to SPD tab and see what the information shows for the stick of ram.

Use the information found off the ram to locate an identical stick of ram. If you can't find an identical stick of ram, you're better off get a ram kit. 2x8GB DDR4-2400MHz laptop rams, dual channel kit.
so I downloaded CPU-Z and got the specs but I have literally no idea what they mean. Could you tell me some specs I should be looking at in my search? And does it need to be the exact same to work?