[SOLVED] What RAM do I need?

Jun 11, 2020
I currently have 4GB RAM on my computer.
I want to upgrade to 8 GB RAM, and wanted to consult what kind of RAM should I buy?
I currently have 2 memory modules listed on each of them:
2GB 2Rx8 PC3-8500S-7-10-F2

Solution
Supports: "DDR3 SDRAM (1066MHz) 2 slots supporting 1GB, 2GB or 4GB DIMMs"

Click here for spec sheet

I'd get this kit from G.Skill:
On newegg.com

You could get other kits for about $5 less but G.Skill is a name I recognize so I think it's worth slightly more.

*You'll need to check if you have 32 bit or 64 bit windows looks like that laptop might have come with either depending on options chosen? If it's not 64 bit and you want 8GB of ram you'll have to upgrade windows first to be able to use more than 4GB.

Edit: Yeah I checked both the processor options listed in the spec sheet and they both are 64 bit processors so if you need to upgrade Windows you definitely can.

Lutfij

Titan
What platform are you on? Desktop or a laptop? If a laptop, include the make and model and it's SKU. If a desktop, please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Also, mind sharing a picture of the stickered part of the ram stick you're looking at?

+ Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Jun 11, 2020
What platform are you on? Desktop or a laptop? If a laptop, include the make and model and it's SKU. If a desktop, please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Also, mind sharing a picture of the stickered part of the ram stick you're looking at?

+ Welcome to the forums, newcomer!
Can you please help me?

jailhousews

Distinguished
May 8, 2012

On newegg.com

You could get other kits for about $5 less but G.Skill is a name I recognize so I think it's worth slightly more.

*You'll need to check if you have 32 bit or 64 bit windows looks like that laptop might have come with either depending on options chosen? If it's not 64 bit and you want 8GB of ram you'll have to upgrade windows first to be able to use more than 4GB.

Edit: Yeah I checked both the processor options listed in the spec sheet and they both are 64 bit processors so if you need to upgrade Windows you definitely can.

Last edited:
Solution
Jun 11, 2020

On newegg.com

Can you check the 2 photos I was upload? And tell me if it fit?

jailhousews

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
Can you check the 2 photos I was upload? And tell me if it fit?

Yes, it should work.

It is rated 1600mhz however, while your motherboard supports 1060mhz. There shouldn't be any issue other than paying for more speed than your MB is able to use, as it should just run it at 1060mhz. I would choose a different stick that matches your MB ram speed just to be 100% sure, but I see you must be located in Israel based on the pictures you uploaded and options may be very limited there I don't know.