What RAM needed for this board

Greetings,
I have a homebuilt box with an Amptron PM-9900 mobo, (also known as PC
Chips model M577), with an AMD K6-2, 300MHz. The pitifully sparse
manual i found for the mobo states it "supports 3 DIMMs for SDRAM /EDO
/FPM memory modules and both 66/100 up to 384Megs " RAM using three
slots, but nothing specific. Can anyone advise me what specs i should
look for when ordering new RAM? I want to max it out, but I dont know
latency, etc... Any help is much appreciated.
Regards,
Tony Rivas

"tony rivas" <tonyrivas@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Greetings,
> I have a homebuilt box with an Amptron PM-9900 mobo, (also known as PC
> Chips model M577), with an AMD K6-2, 300MHz. The pitifully sparse
> manual i found for the mobo states it "supports 3 DIMMs for SDRAM /EDO
> /FPM memory modules and both 66/100 up to 384Megs " RAM using three
> slots, but nothing specific. Can anyone advise me what specs i should
> look for when ordering new RAM?

Oh, you need a translator. :) You need PC100 SDRAM modules no larger than
128MB each. You might try ebay for this, as I doubt if you'll find them
stocked by retaillers anymore. -Dave

Tony,
go to http://www.amptron.com/html/pm9900.html
they have information and downloads for your board.
hope this helps,
terry