thenishant96

Prominent
Mar 4, 2019
Corsair Vengeance Performance 8GB 2400MHz CL16 DDR4 V/s HyperX Impact 8GB 2400MHz CL14 DDR4 Non-ECC Unbuffered

One is cl16 and another one is cl14 but they Barely have any price difference that's why am confused

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Get the CL14 RAM.

There's is no reason to not get this, if they're the same price. You won't be able to tell the difference between their performance them but in games, you might get 1 or 2 fps more.

thenishant96

Prominent
Mar 4, 2019
The CL14 would be a bit faster ram, in this case, as the ram clock speed is the same. Less latency, at identical clocks, should always be faster.
Nah i thought Brand of Ram May matter, but ok , i just bought a new laptop (Asus vivobook s15 (s530un)) it got powerfull spec for notebook but it came with pre-installed Hynix 8gb cl 17 ram,

i need performance boost for my video editing and other stuff, so, was of thinking of buy 2 extra sticks of either of them.
If all things are equal, go with the CL 14, but you probably wont see any real world difference between the two.

thenishant96

Prominent
Mar 4, 2019
Get the CL14 RAM.

There's is no reason to not get this, if they're the same price. You won't be able to tell the difference between their performance them but in games, you might get 1 or 2 fps more.
Nah i thought Brand of Ram May matter, but ok , i just bought a new laptop (Asus vivobook s15 (s530un)) it got powerfull spec for notebook but it came with pre-installed Hynix 8gb cl 17 ram,

i need performance boost for my video editing and other stuff, so, was of thinking of buy 2 extra sticks of either of them.

thenishant96

Prominent
Mar 4, 2019
If all things are equal, go with the CL 14, but you probably wont see any real world difference between the two.

The actual memory chips are only made by a small handful of companies. But if you are trying to mix and match RAM, it does not always work. But it usually works, I would just get the RAM from a vendor who takes returns just in case.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
RAM brand does not matter. Their speed, latency and voltage does.

CL 17 RAM is ok, probably the highest latency for a ddr4 ram but not too bad.

RAM is something, the higher the better.

If willing to upgrade in future, then get another 8 GB DDR4 Hynix Stick, CL 17 or below. At best you can get CL 15 but it will still work like CL 17.

Your laptop supports max 16+16 =32

Last edited: