What really needs for gaming rigs?

Chee Hau Goh

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
I wondering what most importantly really need when comes to gaming.

What most importantly need to buy that best for gaming?

All i know is a very good GPU like GTX 970 or GTX 980 for coming 2015 year.

How about Motherboard and CPU? For None Overclocking and Overclocking user.

Do we need Water cooler or Liquid cooler like Corsair H60 or those kind of cooler for CPU?

Do we need alot of fans to cool down our GPU while gaming long hours like 12hours of games in FarCry 4 or Dying light when year 2015 release.

Is i5 enough or must really get i7 so gaming performance can be smooth to get FPS 60 on 1920 x 1080.

Is Single GPU enough for gaming? Should i get ATX Motherboard or Micro ATX?

I wonder this specs is it good enough for gaming? Especially for Dying Light games.

I thinking of buying these rigs for gaming.

Asrock Z87 Extremes 4 (buying)
Intel i5 4690k (buying)
Palit GTX 970 4GB Jetstream OC (Buying)
Samsung Evo 840 250GB (Owned)
HDD 2.5 500GB (Owned)
Cooler Master V850 (Buying)
Casing corsair obsidian 760T black (Full Tower) (Buying)
Corsair H60 (Owned)

I have alot of games like over 100games. I play games alot really alot most of the time. I waiting for Dying Light games.

Ra_V_en

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014

For OC i5 4690K, non OC i5 4690 to cut few bucks.

As far as $20 air coolers are doing enough excluded extreme overclocking i cant really see any point in going into WC for typical user.

In non SLI environment especially with those Maxwell cards you don't really need to be worried about it. If you are not running the game in sauna even case with 1/2 decent fans is sufficient.

In these days i5 is quite sufficient for lots of the games... on the other hands there always be titles like ACU or WatchDogs where you have to penalty the CPU for a bad codding. As far as predicting future titles demands is impossible we can only hope i5 will still be doing fine in the incoming 2015

Similar conclusion to the above... there always be games that works just bad... but is that a reason to buy a second card? Its really a question how bad you want to play that game.
ATX or mATX... it really depends how many expansion slots you gonna use. In vastly most scenarios even mATX is sufficient. Count your current and possible future needs (wifi cards, dedicated sound cards) and you will know is it enough.

Its fine... that PSU might be a bit overkill, if you are not going into SLI, you can save few bucks here.

Chee Hau Goh

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
You mean that i have to update the Z87 Mobos in order to use it?

Z87 with Intel i5 4690k i install everything then go inside update with the internet is alright right?

Or do you mean i can't run the system if i put Haswell CPU into a new z87 mobos so i have to get z97? because z87 seems cheaper by $50 or $60 bucks in my local.

V850 PSU abit overkill to save some bucks i get V750? I don't know if in future i wanna go 4K HD with single monitor. Graphics are important when comes to game like FarCry4 and Dying Light ! Killer Floor 2 ! Those gore blood ! Explosion ! Rain ! grass !