[SOLVED] What recommend Graphics Card VRAM should I give to my Dell OptiPlex 360?

Jun 9, 2020
I have a Dell Optiplex 360 and I want to install a graphics card. But, I'm unsure of how much memory the graphics card should have. I was thinking if 2GB is possible for an old system?

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
The original poster is asking about VRAM.

And how would you know a GT 710 is powerful enough for the original poster's needs? The original poster hasn't described their needs yet.

It because i have 4 Niece and I bought 4 optiplex from craiglist. 1 of them happen to be 360. I was gona put low profile 1050 but it was kinda expensive at that time. So i went with gt 710 for 40$. i upgraded the ram to 4gb the ram is cheap less than 20$ (the optiplex 360 came with default 2x512MB Ram stick). Ye this thing can run minecraft/roblox and you can stream on youtube at 1080p fine...just make sure change the HDD to 35$ 256GB SSD

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It because i have 4 Niece and I bought 4 optiplex from craiglist. 1 of them happen to be 360. I was gona put low profile 1050 but it was kinda expensive at that time. So i went with gt 710 for 40$. i upgraded the ram to 4gb (the optiplex 360 came with default 2x512MB Ram stick). Ye this thing can run minecraft/roblox.

Is the original poster your niece? If not, this has nothing to do with the other. The poster hasn't given their needs or their budget, so none of this is helpful or productive.

Jun 9, 2020
Let the poster decide their needs, please.
Hello, thank you for correcting my post, as I'm still in the process of learning. Also, what gamenadez generally said is correct and I want to make sure everything in the system works properly and smoothly. I will accept any other recommendation in ways to improve my system.

To specify what my system has so far, I already have 4GB RAM installed and planning to buy an Intel Core2 Quad q6700

Right now, I trying to decide what GPU I want to buy that suits the system while at a minimum still run games that are playable, like GTA5, Overwatch, Fortnite, etc.

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Hello, thank you for correcting my post, as I'm still in the process of learning. Also, what gamenadez generally said is correct and I want to make sure everything in the system works properly and smoothly. I will accept any other recommendation in ways to improve my system.

To specify what my system has so far, I already have 4GB RAM installed and planning to buy an Intel Core2 Quad q6700

Right now, I trying to decide what GPU I want to buy that suits the system while at a minimum still run games that are playable, like GTA5, Overwatch, Fortnite, etc.

Low Profile GTX 1050ti is your best choice..can play low/med settings at 1080p just fine.