Question What resolution are you guys playing at?

briblo1982

Honorable
Oct 10, 2015
I have to downgrade to 1080p cause 2k or 4k is too high for video card. I'm getting temperatures between 60 and 70 degress this is <Mod Edit> . Seriously considering to go to playstation 4 or 5

Last edited by a moderator:
I always play on 1080p resolution. Never bought a 2K/4K Monitor though, because for this we require a lot of GPU horsepower, and I don't want to spend on both the GPU and the monitor.

Btw, 60/70 degrees is a normal temp value. Is this the Temp measured when your system is under heavy load/gaming etc. ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
2080ti you should be 1440p/144Hz. Having uber fps means absolutely nothing when it's that far above monitor refresh and having a 2080ti pushing 1080p is pointless.

It's like driving a Ferrari in nothing but bumper to bumper traffic every day. Got bragging rights, but never getting out of second gear....

briblo1982

Honorable
Oct 10, 2015
I don’t like the temps to be that high and it makes the room hot too. I’m not sure how to undervolt the card. I can go to 1440p. What’s the point of the cooler if temps go that high

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don’t like the temps to be that high and it makes the room hot too.
I'm having deja vu...

The operating temperatures are NOT what makes your room hot. [There are still folks out there that are misguided on this...]
The system power consumption is what makes your room hot.
It doesn't matter if your 2080Ti's gpu core was running at 50C or 80C - if it's still pulling 320w on average, then your room warms up at the same rate.

ASK THE COMMUNITY