Question What resolution are you guys playing at?

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
I have to downgrade to 1080p cause 2k or 4k is too high for video card. I'm getting temperatures between 60 and 70 degress this is <Mod Edit> . Seriously considering to go to playstation 4 or 5

Last edited by a moderator:
I always play on 1080p resolution. Never bought a 2K/4K Monitor though, because for this we require a lot of GPU horsepower, and I don't want to spend on both the GPU and the monitor.

Btw, 60/70 degrees is a normal temp value. Is this the Temp measured when your system is under heavy load/gaming etc. ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
2080ti you should be 1440p/144Hz. Having uber fps means absolutely nothing when it's that far above monitor refresh and having a 2080ti pushing 1080p is pointless.

It's like driving a Ferrari in nothing but bumper to bumper traffic every day. Got bragging rights, but never getting out of second gear....

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don’t like the temps to be that high and it makes the room hot too.
I'm having deja vu...

The operating temperatures are NOT what makes your room hot. [There are still folks out there that are misguided on this...]
The system power consumption is what makes your room hot.
It doesn't matter if your 2080Ti's gpu core was running at 50C or 80C - if it's still pulling 320w on average, then your room warms up at the same rate.

Reactions: Eximo

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If you don't like the heat output, set a power limit on the GPU. You can lose a lot off the top and still maintain a good percentage of the performance.

I run my 3080Ti at 280W rather than the stock 350W. And, yes, water cooled, so the GPU doesn't get above 55C or so, but that doesn't mean the heat has disappeared, just that it is the water and being dissipated by the radiators into the room. Which does get very warm.