What resolution Monitor should i use?

elbow121

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
I recently built my own computer. I'm primarily using it for gaming and am borrowing my mom's monitor right now which is 1080p. I am wondering if based on my build I should use a higher resolution like 1440 or a different resolution. I play a lot of Battlefield, Far Cry,and Counterstrike I would like to keep around a 60fps.
Here is my build:
i5-4690k ( not OC but is a possibility in the future)
8 gb RAM
SAPPHIRE TRI-X r9 290 GPU
Asrock Z97 extreme 4
Corsair 750w powersubbly

Thank you

Solution
Far Cry 3 could give some issues if you play it at max settings and want to keep a 60 fps @ 1440p. It is worse with Far Cry 4, especially with its issues with AMD graphics cards. No issues for the other two games that you mentioned. If price is not an issue and you want a bigger screen and are willing to sacrifice playing at less than max quality on those games, then buy a 1440p.
Far Cry 3 could give some issues if you play it at max settings and want to keep a 60 fps @ 1440p. It is worse with Far Cry 4, especially with its issues with AMD graphics cards. No issues for the other two games that you mentioned. If price is not an issue and you want a bigger screen and are willing to sacrifice playing at less than max quality on those games, then buy a 1440p.

Solution