Question What ROG strix card should I get to get best bang for my buck

Mar 9, 2019
I want to get a ROG strix gpu and my max I want to spend is $450... prefer under $400 but I want the best bang for my buck. Which one should I get ? RTX 2060? 1160? GTX 1070 ti? Help plz.

WildCard999

Titan
4K rez

Would ray tracing be something I should get to future prof even those it’s not used that much yet ?
Well there's a few games that will use RT however, personally I don't think it's going to be a mainstream thing. Kind of like how Nvidia PhysX was, super neat feature but pretty limited for games.

For 4K though your going to need the beefiest GPU you can afford and even on your max budget your going to need to lower the settings a bit for smooth gameplay.

Chrushop

Prominent
Mar 2, 2019
Yeah you kind of have 2 option - 2080 or 2080ti for 4k; especially with your talk of 'futureproofness'

Given your budget a 4k gaming CPU isn't actually possible. 1080p @ 144hz and 2k @ ~90FPS is what your actually looking at; I don't know what kind of FPS you'll get at 4k with those cards.

You need to Youtube those cards @ 4k to see what you can actually expect - @ 4k you might be able to get 50-60 FPS with a 1070ti so try and get that - but a 2070 or 2080 would be a way better option

WildCard999

Titan
I don't know what kind of FPS you'll get at 4k with those cards, maybe you'll get 24?
Well it's not that bad lol, maybe around 30-40 FPS average but this is on max graphic settings. Lowering them down to medium-ish, when paired with a good CPU, should give 60 FPS.