What Router to Buy for multiple device use

Keithngan162

Honorable
Apr 17, 2016
Right now, i am using the modem/router our ISP gave us with our 50mbps up and down plan. but sometimes when there are 3-4 total users/devices connected, i start to get huge lag spikes in game, going all the way up to 9000 ping

Our modem/router uses a PON connection i believe because the fiber cable connects straight to the modem/router. I tried to use our old TPlink N300 router but when we do speed tests, the ISP modem/router always gives better results, so now, im looking to buy a AC router.

My budget is around 90 usd. should i go for the AC1200 routers? will they give me a more reliable and faster connection compared to my original modem/router?

Solution
The AC1200 or AC1900 routers are the best choices. A Netgear R7000 or an Asus AC68U are both great routers. To maximize your performance, move as many devices as possible to wired. Any TVs, desktops, Roku, or other stationary devices should be on wired ethernet. Then move as many devices as possible to 5Ghz WIFI.

kanewolf

Titan
The AC1200 or AC1900 routers are the best choices. A Netgear R7000 or an Asus AC68U are both great routers. To maximize your performance, move as many devices as possible to wired. Any TVs, desktops, Roku, or other stationary devices should be on wired ethernet. Then move as many devices as possible to 5Ghz WIFI.

Solution