What rpm would be normal for my cpu fan?

jumbaka

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
Hello, I have recently changed my mobo, and after turning everything on my computer was noisy as hell. I went to the bios settings and my cpu fan was set to max, I switched it to auto and currently it spins on 2000 rpm. Cpu temp is around 30-35C when just browsing the web. The fan is still quite noisy for me, I would want to decrease the rpm, but I dont know what would be the normal ones for my cpu. I am using the standart cpu fan which came with my intel i5 3570.
Sorry for the bad english.

barto

Expert
Ambassador
I've never changed the fan speed setting for my CPU. I've always left it Auto, which I suggest you do that. The reason being, you aren't monitoring the CPU all the time. Even if you have monitoring tool, you clearly cannot watch it when surfing or playing games. If you want a quieter computer, you should invest in an aftermarket cooler. They are far superior to the standard CPU in cooling and quieter.

What computer case do you have?

jumbaka

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013

My PC case is cooler master 430 elite black. The noisy is very annoying.

Google_Vs_Games

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017

This isnt a solution but my cpu fan min speed is 4532 rpm and its max is 4587 rpm!
for some reason ibuypower put the loudest possible cpu fan on mine, but that was the way my dad ordered it. i have a normal 4.2ghz cpu but i underclocked it to 3gb still fan is loud af.

eirikheggelund

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2013

I wouldn't mind joining in on the fan (I'm hilarious, I blow...)!

Anyways, my CPU fan is running at around 4000 RPM. It is a single 120mm fan installed onto a 240mm radiator which cools the CPU using coolant. Could it be that a one fan simply needs to spin that fast in order to cool efficiently? Or could I do some tweaking within BIOS to set it to a lower speed?

eirikheggelund

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2013

I wouldn't mind joining in on the fan (I'm hilarious, I blow...)!

Anyways, my CPU fan is running at around 4000 RPM. It is a single 120mm fan installed onto a 240mm radiator which cools the CPU using coolant. Could it be that a one fan simply needs to spin that fast in order to cool efficiently? Or could I do some tweaking within BIOS to set it to a lower speed?