[SOLVED] What RTX 2060 Super Model should I buy?

Dimpayy

Great
May 20, 2019
I currently have a 1060 6GB and an i5-8400. I really want to upgrade to the 2060 Super but I don't know which model I should buy. I'm interested in to playing games in 1080p resolution.

Solution
I currently have a 1060 6GB and an i5-8400. I really want to upgrade to the 2060 Super but I don't know which model I should buy. I'm interested in to playing games in 1080p resolution.

Everyone will have their favorites, but I'm partial to EVGA, their 3 yr warranty and great customer service. I have a 1060 6GB as well and it's been great. Either way you go, a 2060 will be a nice jump up in performance..

Let us know which one you end up getting!

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

Everyone will have their favorites, but I'm partial to EVGA, their 3 yr warranty and great customer service. I have a 1060 6GB as well and it's been great. Either way you go, a 2060 will be a nice jump up in performance..

Let us know which one you end up getting!

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Solution
Whichever one has a a min of two fans and is cheapest and closest to you so you don't have to wait too long :)

Listen, the difference between these cards, performance wise is but a percent or two. With that said what normally differentiates these cards on price are features, such as RGB, triple fan solutions, higher base/boost clocks.

RGB is a waste IMO, might make your case glow, but is of no other use at all.

Personally I have a preference for EVGA/ASUS models. Other posters will like different ones too. Sometimes it's good to go with a reputable brand, with good customer service.

Lots to reflect on, but I'd bring you back to my first sentence for a simple solution.

Reactions: Mrgr74
I've used probably around 10 ASUS and NVidia cards and have never had a failure.
....and as of yet....I've never had anything from ASUS fail....including motherboards and displays.
(knock on wood)

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
RGB is a waste IMO, might make your case glow, but is of no other use at all.
Personally I have a preference for EVGA/ASUS models. e solution.

@Dimpayy

The 1st 2 posts suggest EVGA. Whats that tell you? :)

Granted, they are a little more expensive, but I feel the extra cost is worth it. This is just me (and @keith12 as well) Others may feel differently.

Lucky you.. I'm jealous..

Oh & the AMD 5700 is currently on sale as well for $289.

All of the RTX2060 SUPER cards have the same chips.
Some chips are better binned and will be used in factory overclocked models that sell for more.
I think you get fair value from a factory overclock, but do not chase the top overclocked versions.
Past that, it is mostly marketing. RGB "bling" will cost more.
Any card will come with an adequate fan and cooler.
Fancy coolers sell for more.
Double and triple fan versions cool better and are quieter. But, they dump heat into the case where case cooling needs to get rid of it.
An alternative which gets little respect is the blower type that gets heat directly out the back of the case. I happen to like blower coolers.

As to brands, I am also in the EVGA camp. Good USA support . Their warranty is also transferable to a second buyer if you later want to sell the card.

Reactions: Dimpayy

peachy_29

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2008
I’m still using the gaming PC I built back in 2012/13.

GTX 780 and a i5 2500k, currently getting an ave of 103 FPS in PUBG on low settings, graphics are t that great though