Question What RTX 3080 model should I pick?

chiken_VEVO

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
Hey everyone. So tomorrow I'll finally pull the trigger and purchase the Ryzen 5 5600X and RTX 3080 card for the build I've been planning for months now and have bought all the rest of the components for.

The only two RTX 3080 cards that are barely within budget where I live are the Asus RTX 3080 TUF GAMING 10G (costing 30 euros more) and EVGA RTX 3080 Black Gaming 10G models.

I've heard great stuff about both models, with the TUF one having excellent thermals and the EVGA card having pretty much the same performance, coupled with EVGA's fantastic customer support.

One personal issue that I have is that the shop where I'm buying from supposedly has stock of the EVGA card, as it's available for instant online purchase, while on the other hand stock for the TUF card is expected to arrive soon according to what they told me (in about 20 days max), which therefore means that I can only pre - order the card via phone call.

So, what would you guys suggest? Is there any performance difference between the two cards that I'm not aware of? Is the thermal performance difference between the two cards not that major and therefore not worth it of the extra hassle and extra 30 euros in price difference? I would really appreciate your opinions!

Thank you in advance :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY