[SOLVED] What SATA version is in the Acer Extensa 5220-050512Mi laptop?

Solution
This laptop was bought in 2008. I am thinking of replacing the HDD with an SSD, but if only SATA1 is there, it does not make sense.

You can buy a full newer laptop for about $100-200, which is a much better way to speed up the system. Something with an early i5 or i3 CPU, and can swap in an SSD into one of those. You can even find systems already upgraded to an SSD for you.
This laptop was bought in 2008. I am thinking of replacing the HDD with an SSD, but if only SATA1 is there, it does not make sense.

You can buy a full newer laptop for about $100-200, which is a much better way to speed up the system. Something with an early i5 or i3 CPU, and can swap in an SSD into one of those. You can even find systems already upgraded to an SSD for you.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
You have a 13 year old laptop, that was low end when it was new. Running an OS that is several years out of date, and long past any security updates.

Sure you can slap an SSD in there...you might get very very lucky, and be able to clone everything from the current drive to the new. (but probably not).
And enjoy a marginal increase in performance.

Sorry, but thats the way it is. I have a laptop right next to me that is a year younger (2009).
Running Win 10.
I wouldn't bother putting an SSD in it, because it will still be slooooow.
SATA I, and the CPU and RAM are still going to be sloooow.

TRENDING THREADS