What seems to be the problem with my build?

d.aparicio28

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
I installed everything and tested my mobo outside the case to make sure it recieves power, then installed it into the case and plugged everything in including the GPU, turned it on, no beeps and no display, but my monitor switched from a "no signal" display to a black screen and the led switched from red to blue, indicating it was recieving a signal, but the screen remained black. I wonder if the gpu or Mobo was dead so I took out the gpu and let it run and I recieved 5 LONG beeps and I turned it off. I plugged in the GPU and it ran normally with no beeps, but the same problem with the monitor happened. I assume that a dead mobo wouldn't beep and a dead gpu wouldn't be able to send any signal. I used every HDMI in the house, and even tried a TV just because, and like the monitor, it gets a signal, but remains on a black screen. What could be the issue?

Specs:
Mobo: asrock ab350 pro4
cpu: ryzen r3 1200
ram: G.Skill ripjaws V series 8gb
gpu: gigabyte gtx 1050 ti
psu: evga b3 450w
HDD: wd blue 1tb
case: deepcool tesseract sw red

I already consulted the boot troubleshooting option list that people usually link, but no luck.

d.aparicio28

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017

Thanks for your input. I didn't think of that possibility because the Motherboard's onboard video is only if the cpu has integrated graphics, which the Ryzen line up doesn't. I don't think that could be the issue, but it won't hurt to try.

d.aparicio28

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
My monitor was plugged into my 1050ti. reading asrock forums, I'm trying to think of every possibility. Would I need to update the bios for the CPU? if so, how do I do that if I can't even get to post?

d.aparicio28

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
the bios is p2.60, which supports ryzen 3 1200, so it can't be incompatibility. Just in case, I tried to clear cmos as it was recommended as a post failure troubleshoot, but that didn't seem to work.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can you try another output on the monitor? Tried that already? You only mention hdmi ....
Tried the ram in both slots? I assume you use one stick with two slots for upgrade possibilty reasons ...
Possibility of lending a gpu from a friend or local shop for testing?