[SOLVED] What seems to be the problem?

May 29, 2021
I bought my PC this May 7, so it's kinda new, I have a Boston 700w generic psu, gtx 1050ti, msi motherboard, amd 3500x processor, 240ssd 500hdd, 19inch monitor, mechanical keyboard, mouse, headset, speaker and a ups... So starting this week my keyboard is malfunctioning so I thought it was only the keyboard, then I returned it and get it replaced, and then my monitor is turning off while I'm booting it on, then we replaced again the monitor, after replacing the monitor it gets worse, my monitor is flickering on and off now and my mouse is disconnecting and reconnecting as well... What's happening with my unit? What seems to be the problem?

ezgif-2-7983a2aab5ed.gif

Last edited:
Solution
The monitor and keyboard are separate components i.e. they consume electricity from different sources. I'd recommend checking the following:
  1. If you're using a power strip to power for your pc and monitor try a different one and preferably with a wall socket you know is working well.
  2. If it's not the socket or the power strip then perhaps your motherboard has some issues, I don't what issue in particular but it maybe an issue in power delivery, so check your power supply or try another one if it's not the power supply then it's the motherboard.
I deduced my this from the fact that both your keyboard and monitor seem to have electricity issues where they both consume power from different sources, monitor from power strip and...
May 26, 2021
The monitor and keyboard are separate components i.e. they consume electricity from different sources. I'd recommend checking the following:
  1. If you're using a power strip to power for your pc and monitor try a different one and preferably with a wall socket you know is working well.
  2. If it's not the socket or the power strip then perhaps your motherboard has some issues, I don't what issue in particular but it maybe an issue in power delivery, so check your power supply or try another one if it's not the power supply then it's the motherboard.
I deduced my this from the fact that both your keyboard and monitor seem to have electricity issues where they both consume power from different sources, monitor from power strip and keyboard from usb from the motherboard and in turn from the power supply. hope this help good luck.

I remember having such an issue where my monitor would suddenly go black then I found out the an audio jack cable was not connected properly (yes crazy I know) but once i fixed the cable the monitor was okay.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Is this what the back of the PSU looks like? I can't find any such thing as a "Boston" 700W PSU.

5olY8es.jpg

If so, stop using this PC immediately. It's literal garbage, a fake 700W PSU that is only actually a 108W PSU in modern terms (and never even halfway to a 700W). It's safer to power your PC with a stick of butter; the butter won't destroy your components.

May 29, 2021
Is it possible that the power supply generic 700w can't supply enough power on my peripherals?

I deduced my this from the fact that both your keyboard and monitor seem to have electricity issues where they both consume power from different sources, monitor from power strip and keyboard from usb from the motherboard and in turn from the power supply. hope this help good luck.

I remember having such an issue where my monitor would suddenly go black then I found out the an audio jack cable was not connected properly (yes crazy I know) but once i fixed the cable the monitor was okay.

May 29, 2021
Is this what the back of the PSU looks like? I can't find any such thing as a "Boston" 700W PSU.

5olY8es.jpg

If so, stop using this PC immediately. It's literal garbage, a fake 700W PSU that is only actually a 108W PSU in modern terms (and never even halfway to a 700W). It's safer to power your PC with a stick of butter; the butter won't destroy your components.
Yes, that's the one, I'm gonna buy a new one this Monday... And is esgaming psu 650w 80+ bronze ok?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yes, that's the one, I'm gonna buy a new one this Monday... And is esgaming psu 650w 80+ bronze ok?

Better than this, but not particularly good. Another cheap PSU with RGB thrown in because it's cheaper to throw in some pretty lights than a topology that isn't 15 years out of date. But it'll probably "work" generally, for a while. And it's a lot better than your current horror show. Hopefully, what you're using hasn't damaged any of your parts.

This is about the cheapest PSU worth bothering with.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $64.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-05-29 13:07 EDT-0400

Though I'd get higher wattage if you have serious intentions on upgrading the GPU at some point.

May 29, 2021
Better than this, but not particularly good. Another cheap PSU with RGB thrown in because it's cheaper to throw in some pretty lights than a topology that isn't 15 years out of date. But it'll probably "work" generally, for a while. And it's a lot better than your current horror show. Hopefully, what you're using hasn't damaged any of your parts.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($64.99 @ Newegg)

Though I'd get higher wattage if you have serious intentions on upgrading the GPU at some point.
Thank you I'll try looking for this in the shop, because the esgaming is the one they have suggested to me...

May 29, 2021

PCPartPicker Part List

This is only for my work pc at the meantime, Im planning to build a premium pc soon, so my gfx would be enough, I think