[SOLVED] What settings can I change to make multi-display a lot better on rx 560 4gb?

barkersofgeraldine

Reputable
Nov 11, 2020
I have an RX 560 and when I try to connect a second monitor to my PC, my computer lags a fair bit

This performance is a lot different than when I have 2 external displays for my laptop. On my laptop, multi-displays are a lot smoother.

My suspicion is that my PC runs at a higher quality (1080) than my laptop, which is more demanding; but it still doesn't explain why it lags since I have 32gb of ram and 4gb of vram.

anyway, any ideas?

Solution
What are you running on dual monitors? I've been doing multi-monitor since Windows 95 and don't remember having noticeable performance issues from just adding an extra monitor for desktop stuff. What I do remember having issues with is having a video playing at the same time as a game open on my HD5770 which caused the GPU to get stuck at such low core clocks that the GPU couldn't reliably refresh monitors #2 and #3.

InvalidError

Titan
What are you running on dual monitors? I've been doing multi-monitor since Windows 95 and don't remember having noticeable performance issues from just adding an extra monitor for desktop stuff. What I do remember having issues with is having a video playing at the same time as a game open on my HD5770 which caused the GPU to get stuck at such low core clocks that the GPU couldn't reliably refresh monitors #2 and #3.

Reactions: barkersofgeraldine
Solution