Question What settings do you play most of your games on?

Dec 6, 2018
I guess it all kind of comes down to preference if your card allows it.
Just curious what settings other people run their games on usually.

I have a Ryzen 7 2700 and RTX 2080, and usually run almost all of my games on ultra (at 1080p) and usually get around 80-144 frames which is fine with me.
I know a few other people with similar setups who prefer medium settings for a constant 144 frames, especially on competitive games.

I have a 8700k and 1080 SC and run all games on Ultra at 1080p, some at 1440p. As long as I get 60 FPS or more I'm fine with it, as many games require Vsync to avoid tear.

IMO 144 Hz displays only make sense for online FPS twitch games that can easily yield high frame rates without needing high end gear. There's been far too much hype over them.

That said, at 60+ years old, it's not like I play mp anymore. Closest I come to that these days is having gotten The Division 1 recently, but even that I play solo. Horribly designed game really.

Dec 6, 2018
I have a 8700k and 1080 SC and run all games on Ultra at 1080p, some at 1440p. As long as I get 60 FPS or more I'm fine with it, as many games require Vsync to avoid tear.

IMO 144 Hz displays only make sense for online FPS twitch games that can easily yield high frame rates without needing high end gear. There's been far too much hype over them.

That said, at 60+ years old, it's not like I play mp anymore. Closest I come to that these days is having gotten The Division 1 recently, but even that I play solo. Horribly designed game really.
Yea I notice a bit of difference between 60 frames and 100+ but its nothing super drastic. I got my 144hz monitor on sale last year is why I grabbed one.
And I absolutely agree the first Division was horribly designed haha. Game was nearly impossible to play solo.
They did a little better on that end for Division 2 but it still a little rough sometimes.

Somasonic

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
I run an i7 4770k and a GTX 1080 Ti at 1440p. If I can I bump everything to max apart from preference things like disabling motion blur or other horrible things like that. Some games I have to lower settings e.g. I'm about half way through Shadow of the Tomb Raider and can't max that out. I give priority to things like AO and texture detail but try to balance things so I don't have to turn anything to low or off. I don't do any competitive gaming so if I'm hitting 60 fps consistently I'm happy. Is that the sort of answer you're looking for?