[SOLVED] What settings should I play games at?

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
Hello,
I was wondering something for my PC. I was wondering what settings I should run for fortnite for best performance and frames. I have a 144hz monitor so should I play at 144 frames, or should I go higher or later. And should I keep vsync on or off, or should I turn on GSync Or anything else like that? My game has been kind of stuttery and has hitches, so what should I do for best performance or settings?
Please let me know.

Solution
Is GSync better? What should I do for performance? I can run 144 frames but sometimes my game is laggy, is there anything i can do for that?
If you get 144fps but its choppy that means the frame times are bad, usually indicating of either a massive bottleneck or another problem

Also, g-sync isn't "better" but it doesn't constrain on the gpu like v-sync does.
If your gpu and monitor support g-sync (or freesync/g-sync on freesync) enable it.
If you do that you dont need v-sync

also, if you get around 100-120fps it's good enough that you wont notice a difference between it and 144.
so try hitting somewhere around there.

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
If your gpu and monitor support g-sync (or freesync/g-sync on freesync) enable it.
If you do that you dont need v-sync

also, if you get around 100-120fps it's good enough that you wont notice a difference between it and 144.
so try hitting somewhere around there.
Is GSync better? What should I do for performance? I can run 144 frames but sometimes my game is laggy, is there anything i can do for that?

If you get 144fps but its choppy that means the frame times are bad, usually indicating of either a massive bottleneck or another problem

Also, g-sync isn't "better" but it doesn't constrain on the gpu like v-sync does.

Solution

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017

Hmmm okay. My frames are choppy, like you said, whenever I turn or move a lot, the frames will drop but go back to normal when I turn back. its weird, and I don’t think it’s ever done that before.

Hmmm okay. My frames are choppy, like you said, whenever I turn or move a lot, the frames will drop but go back to normal when I turn back. its weird, and I don’t think it’s ever done that before.
Does fortnite have a built in frame time reader?
If not please download a 3rd party application and check.
The cpu should be a little lower.
Around 7-12ms on the gpu
and 5-10 on the cpu.

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
Does fortnite have a built in frame time reader?
If not please download a 3rd party application and check.
The cpu should be a little lower.
Around 7-12ms on the gpu
and 5-10 on the cpu.
i Believe does have a frame time reader. Do you want me to list them out? Also, I read that GSync has Input delay, is this true?