[SOLVED] What shall I upgrade in order to improve my gaming experience?

Dec 25, 2019
Gaming has been difficult for me recently. Can't even play old games without lag. Is there an issue with my Cpu? What needs to be upgraded?

Here are my specs:
-AMD-FX-6300 3.5Ghz
-Some corsair water cooler I don't remember
-R9280X-DC2T-3GD5
-8GB of RAM
-Mother: AsRock 960GM-VGS3 FX
-256GB SSD (that's where my windows are installed)
-1TB HDD (that's where my games are installed)

Please help:))))

Solution
Not sure exactly what games you want to play, but I've played Battlefield 4 fine with my i7 870 (completely stock). It is faster than the FX-6300, but you might be able to get by with it depending on your games, if something else is the cause for the slow speeds. When I had the game installed on my old HDD, it was too slow (people would start playing before i've loaded the map), and when Windows decided to install updates (not sure why Windows decided to do that during gameplay), it was unplayable. Got a new SSD (WD Blue 250gb for 59AUD), installed BF4 on it and it made it much better.
D

Deleted member 14196

You need a new system

You need a new motherboard new CPU new ram and a new graphics card and new power supply

MADD617

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2014
Not sure exactly what games you want to play, but I've played Battlefield 4 fine with my i7 870 (completely stock). It is faster than the FX-6300, but you might be able to get by with it depending on your games, if something else is the cause for the slow speeds. When I had the game installed on my old HDD, it was too slow (people would start playing before i've loaded the map), and when Windows decided to install updates (not sure why Windows decided to do that during gameplay), it was unplayable. Got a new SSD (WD Blue 250gb for 59AUD), installed BF4 on it and it made it much better.

Solution

Zoel.fahmi

Upstanding
Dec 27, 2019
Gaming has been difficult for me recently. Can't even play old games without lag. Is there an issue with my Cpu? What needs to be upgraded?

Here are my specs:
-AMD-FX-6300 3.5Ghz
-Some corsair water cooler I don't remember
-R9280X-DC2T-3GD5
-8GB of RAM
-Mother: AsRock 960GM-VGS3 FX
-256GB SSD (that's where my windows are installed)
-1TB HDD (that's where my games are installed)

Please help:))))
Anything except storage