[SOLVED] What shall I upgrade?

Apodix

Prominent
May 27, 2020
First of course, my rig:
DISCLAIMER: This was a pre-built (I know, I'm an idiot) bought around 2-3 years ago for about £700.

Intel Core I5 7400k 3.0 Ghz (Stock Cooler)
GTX 1060 3gb Asus Dual Fan
8GB DDR 4 Ram 2400Mhz (overclocked from 2133Mhz)
H110M Pro-VD Motherboard
KL-C500 Power Supply
Seagate 1TB SSHD

Over the 3 years that I've had this rig, I've matured alot in the world of PC gaming and know that some of my components weren't the best for the amount I paid.

I've been contemplating upgrading my PC for a couple of months now although I've haven't really had the budget for it or need. Now that I've been playing more intensive games like: Red Dead Redemption 2, Gta V etc, I've finally decided that I need one. At first I was thinking of replacing everything but my GPU but, Is there really a need for that? I don't really know what I would need to upgrade to get less stuttering/more stability and a little more fps in games. Any suggestions?

Solution
I think a GPU upgrade itself can provide a lot to the system instead of a new CPU or MOBO. Definitely get at least 16GB of RAM though. You could get a bit of your money back if you sell your 1060 but don't expect too much.

Strafez

Prominent
May 22, 2020
I think a GPU upgrade itself can provide a lot to the system instead of a new CPU or MOBO. Definitely get at least 16GB of RAM though. You could get a bit of your money back if you sell your 1060 but don't expect too much.

Reactions: kwikgta
Solution