[SOLVED] What should be my next upgrade?

ShiroTheWolf

Reputable
Jun 4, 2019
Here are my specs:
GPU: RX560-4GB
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x @3.80GHz
PSU: Thermaltake 760W
MB: MSI B450M Gaming plus
RAM: 16GB DDR4 Aegis
Hard Drives: WD 1TB (HDD) & Kingston 220GB (SSD)

I want to upgrade my graphics card, but I am not sure which card would work the best and get the most our of my set-up.
If you would be so kind as to recommend the best card for my setup, that would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks to all who respond!

P.S My shitty Razer Electra V2 USB died recently after 2 replacements, never buying Razer products again, I am looking for a good quality headset for a decent affordable price since im poor as <Mod Edit>.
Thanks guys und gals!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Thanks for the quick reply!

My budget for both would be around $500 - $800 CAD
1440p is pretty good from what I hear, but there are so many videos I watch about it that give me different information and it confuses me, to be honest I am not sure what is best.
I would like to run my games on ultra without getting frame drops and lag.
For example, when i play battlefield one, I have to play on low settings all the time to get an even 60fps (sometimes)
and on war thunder I run 60fps on medium but not higher than that.
I just want a clear resolution and a smooth fps that I can use to play for a long time.
right now I have to 1080p monitors and am planning to upgrade them soon as with the card.

and thanks for the headset recommendation...
What budget do you have (for gpu and headset)? What resolution are you playing at? At 1440p, you can get almost anything and it would work well with a 3600X. Even a 2080 Ti. At 1080p, a 2080 Super is probably the highest you can go without getting CPU bound in most games though (But why would you play 1080p on a 2080 Ti anyways?).

Sorry about the headset. I've heard Razer products are pretty low quality despite looking good. It's a shame. As for a cheap headset, I would say get a Steelseries Arctis 3/5 (I own the 3 and the 7 and I have no issues, they're both great), or Hyper X Cloud 2. If you're willing to wait, I've seen the Arctis 7 at $100 or even $90 sometimes, so if you're willing to pay that much, it's a really good deal.

Reactions: ShiroTheWolf

ShiroTheWolf

Reputable
Jun 4, 2019
What budget do you have (for gpu and headset)? What resolution are you playing at? At 1440p, you can get almost anything and it would work well with a 3600X. Even a 2080 Ti. At 1080p, a 2080 Super is probably the highest you can go without getting CPU bound in most games though (But why would you play 1080p on a 2080 Ti anyways?).

Sorry about the headset. I've heard Razer products are pretty low quality despite looking good. It's a shame. As for a cheap headset, I would say get a Steelseries Arctis 3/5 (I own the 3 and the 7 and I have no issues, they're both great), or Hyper X Cloud 2. If you're willing to wait, I've seen the Arctis 7 at $100 or even $90 sometimes, so if you're willing to pay that much, it's a really good deal.

1440p is pretty good from what I hear, but there are so many videos I watch about it that give me different information and it confuses me, to be honest I am not sure what is best.
For example, when i play battlefield one, I have to play on low settings all the time to get an even 60fps (sometimes)
I just want a clear resolution and a smooth fps that I can use to play for a long time.
right now I have to 1080p monitors and am planning to upgrade them soon as with the card.

and thanks for the headset recommendation ill cetainly look into them!
I just need one that doesent break after two weeks of use, and has a good mic :)

and thanks for the headset recommendation ill cetainly look into them!
I just need one that doesent break after two weeks of use, and has a good mic :)
Get an RX 5700 XT. It has almost the performance of an RTX 2070 Super, but costs about 200 CAD less. Gigabyte Gaming OC or Sapphire Nitro are both great price to performance cards. PowerColor Red Devil is the best RX 5700XT, but costs quite a bit more. As for headset, you can get an Arctis 5 or 7 with the leftover budget, depending on how much money you actually want to spend. The 7 is basically a 5 but with wireless over dongle, and chatmix built into the headset. It has good mic quality from what I can tell, and audio quality is great. As I mentioned before, it goes on sale for $100 to $120 sometimes and sometimes even $90, but thats really rare, so if you want to wait for a sale, that's also an option. I can also let you know how to make it sound better than how it comes out of the box if you'd like.

Headset is way too expensive, I know there are headsets out there that are cheaper and have almost same performance, thank you though!
Pretty sure he meant you should get one used

Solution

ShiroTheWolf

Reputable
Jun 4, 2019
Get an RX 5700 XT. It has almost the performance of an RTX 2070 Super, but costs about 200 CAD less. Gigabyte Gaming OC or Sapphire Nitro are both great price to performance cards. PowerColor Red Devil is the best RX 5700XT, but costs quite a bit more. As for headset, you can get an Arctis 5 or 7 with the leftover budget, depending on how much money you actually want to spend. The 7 is basically a 5 but with wireless over dongle, and chatmix built into the headset. It has good mic quality from what I can tell, and audio quality is great. As I mentioned before, it goes on sale for $100 to $120 sometimes and sometimes even $90, but thats really rare, so if you want to wait for a sale, that's also an option. I can also let you know how to make it sound better than how it comes out of the box if you'd like.

Pretty sure he meant you should get one used
Youre amazing!
thank you so much for your help!

How can i give you points or something haha?